Tapo P100 not willing to initiate / communicate ... just no

2023-12-03 21:04:48 - last edited 2023-12-05 01:43:25
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: out of box - no idea

hi there ...

lately updated my network to tp Link products ... no fancy configurations ... just plugged in & let go ... Router / Switches / APs all worked stable - all wanted enduser connected without any problems ... some of them got fixed ips - the rest goes via dhcp and most connected through my APs (Alexa / Hub / Tablets / Phones etc.) ... so i thought - easypeasy - lets change my smartplugs too ... bought 8 of P100 and none of them is willing to communicate :/

after a long journey of trial & error - i'm finally here ... hopefully to find a solution with u guys ;)

my setup - short overview:

TP-LINK ER605
    -> TP-Link TL-SG108E 
        -> div. Enduser
        -> TP-Link TL-SG1005P
            -> div. Enduser
            -> 2x TP-Link EAP653
                -> div. Enduser
                -> Kasa KH100
                    -> div. KE100
                    -> div. T110
               -> TP-Link OC200

my journey:

plug in - Kasa app opened - + - choose P100 ... and this is the final answer of all attempts

soooo ... like mentioned - pressed button for 5 sec - next try 

pressed for 10 sec - next try

pluged in another poweroutlet - next try

changed the range between my aps - next try

restarted my wifi on phone incl. bluetooth - next try

read some google-answers

unplugged all not needed endusers ... so only my main desktop & my phone were active - next try

tried this step also with another tablet while my phone was disconnected

changed wifi settings to only 2,4GHz & WPA2 - next try

changed the channel from 1 to 6 to 11 and back - next try

changed and tried every single p100 of my bought ones - but only with step 1 - 3 - next try

and my last attempt - connected Alexa & activated Skill Tapo & allowed everything - the no-brainer 4 dummys - as promissed - next try ???

somewhere i read - Tapo_Plug_XXX Wireless - should appear in wifis - nope ... just a side info

soooo ... now its hopefully your turn - guide my way pls !

thx in adv 

hope to read somewhat anytime soon !? ;)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo P100 not willing to initiate / communicate ... just no-Solution
2023-12-05 01:43:20 - last edited 2023-12-05 01:43:25

@0lD 

Kasa and Tapo are two separate smart home brand that has their own Apps. Guidelines for downloading the app used in the product are included in the product packaging and the accompanying installation guide.

The good news is that Tapo App now supports Kasa products! Users can synchronize the existing Kasa devices to Tapo App, or add a new Kasa device directly through Tapo App. Click here to find out more: General questions about linking Kasa devices to Tapo App

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 not willing to initiate / communicate ... just no
2023-12-04 09:06:32 - last edited 2023-12-04 09:11:19

ok ... ok ... ok ... ... Kasa app is not the way to go although its ment to be able to interact with these plugs ... just NO ! ... my last attempt was to use the TAPO app ... Tattaaaa - it works and u can link your kasa within ... so u only have to use the tapo app ... so why does it not work the other way round !? ... good question eh !? ;)

... it was an intense & hard way to find out

... but it was a pleasure for me to clarify it for anyone who stumbles across the same & read that post ;)

Options
Re:Tapo P100 not willing to initiate / communicate ... just no-Solution
2023-12-05 01:43:20 - last edited 2023-12-05 01:43:25

@0lD 

Kasa and Tapo are two separate smart home brand that has their own Apps. Guidelines for downloading the app used in the product are included in the product packaging and the accompanying installation guide.

The good news is that Tapo App now supports Kasa products! Users can synchronize the existing Kasa devices to Tapo App, or add a new Kasa device directly through Tapo App. Click here to find out more: General questions about linking Kasa devices to Tapo App

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-28 13:22:18

@Wayne-TP I don't believe it! I've just RMA'd a four pack of plugs. Support went through multiple checks. I showed how these plugs were not showing up under Wifi, so I paid to have them returned. The new ones arrived and were still not showing up on Wifi, but I've just found this thread, downloaded the Tapo app, and it works... via Bluetooth!!

Why on earth wasn't this picked up by the support team?

Oh well, really frustrated, but it's sorted now.

Options
2024-02-29 07:20:05 - last edited 2024-02-29 07:27:55

@HiReZ 

What made you choose to download the Kasa app initially? There is relevant guidance on the product box or Quick Installation Guide. There is an App QR code for scanning, and the App name and its icon are also displayed, which can guide users to download the correct App for subsequent configuration and use.

Although the full model names are different, some of their numbers will be the same. If the model number is not written completely or is written incorrectly, misunderstandings may occur. Such as the Tapo P115 and Kasa KP115, Tapo P105 and Kasa KP105. I've seen someone think of the KP105 as a (Tapo) P105 and have launched enquiries about it with the Tapo Plug as the product type.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 4

Related Articles