Tapo RV30 scrambling maps
Tapo RV30 scrambling maps
2023-12-13 11:03:28
Tags: #Map
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

this is the second time I have experience this since I bought my Tapo RV30.

Everything goes well. teh mapping is great it works really well but suddenly it reports that it can't find teh dock and when I check the app the map is all off and scrambled.

Last time I had to unstalle everything and remap the house again. It looks lie it is a software issue. Is there any way to fix this problem

Please see picture attached

File:
Doc1.pdfDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo RV30 scrambling maps
2023-12-14 08:19:58

@Luchi72 

Did you choose Whole Home Cleaning? What do you mean the map is off? I can't tell what happened from the picture, the RV30 missed some cleaning areas? Are they on the same floor?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-15 14:51:52

I think I see the same behavior.
I bought RV30 plus 2 days ago and did all required initial procedures (map creation, bios update). 
I have not used and have no plan to use mopping feature because it is useless.

Today I found the robot is trying to go through mapped walls. According to displayed progress picture, the current perception of the robot (room map) is rotated 30 degrees relative to the main, base map of the room in memory.

I think it is better to return this robot to the store.

Options
2024-02-22 08:10:35

@thesergey52 

Do you have carpet in your home? Has the robot vacuum ever been stuck?

As the robot vacuum will update the map according to the actual environment when cleaning, if the cleaning gets disturbed, the situation you encountered may occur.

RV30 Plus has released a new version of firmware 1.2.1 (staged rollout), which supports backup and restoration of maps and is suitable for dealing with the situation you encounter. You can check whether your device has received this new version!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles