Tapo RV30 scrambling maps
Tapo RV30 scrambling maps
2023-12-13 11:03:28 - last edited Thursday
Tags: #Map
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

this is the second time I have experience this since I bought my Tapo RV30.

Everything goes well. teh mapping is great it works really well but suddenly it reports that it can't find teh dock and when I check the app the map is all off and scrambled.

Last time I had to unstalle everything and remap the house again. It looks lie it is a software issue. Is there any way to fix this problem

Please see picture attached

File:
Doc1.pdfDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo RV30 scrambling maps-Solution
2024-02-22 08:10:35 - last edited Thursday

@thesergey52 

Do you have carpet in your home? Has the robot vacuum ever been stuck?

During the cleaning process, the robot vacuum continuously scans its surroundings and repositions itself, updating both the cleaning progress and the map layout. Due to this operational logic, map shifting or rotating might occur under certain specific circumstances.

For such an issue, if you own an RV30 series robot vacuum, use the map Backup & Restore feature to revert to the correct map version if anomalies occur. For Other Series (except RV10 Series)), lock the map to prevent automatic updates during cleaning.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo RV30 scrambling maps
2023-12-14 08:19:58

@Luchi72 

Did you choose Whole Home Cleaning? What do you mean the map is off? I can't tell what happened from the picture, the RV30 missed some cleaning areas? Are they on the same floor?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-15 14:51:52

I think I see the same behavior.
I bought RV30 plus 2 days ago and did all required initial procedures (map creation, bios update). 
I have not used and have no plan to use mopping feature because it is useless.

Today I found the robot is trying to go through mapped walls. According to displayed progress picture, the current perception of the robot (room map) is rotated 30 degrees relative to the main, base map of the room in memory.

I think it is better to return this robot to the store.

Options
Re:Tapo RV30 scrambling maps-Solution
2024-02-22 08:10:35 - last edited Thursday

@thesergey52 

Do you have carpet in your home? Has the robot vacuum ever been stuck?

During the cleaning process, the robot vacuum continuously scans its surroundings and repositions itself, updating both the cleaning progress and the map layout. Due to this operational logic, map shifting or rotating might occur under certain specific circumstances.

For such an issue, if you own an RV30 series robot vacuum, use the map Backup & Restore feature to revert to the correct map version if anomalies occur. For Other Series (except RV10 Series)), lock the map to prevent automatic updates during cleaning.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-12 19:10:37
@wayne-TP No, I do not have a carpets.
Options
2024-07-18 02:41:07

@thesergey52 

Can you share the cleaning report of your robot vacuum here?

Options
2024-08-10 12:54:57
I have exactly the same problem and the map overlaps and I can not use the vacuum anymore. I have re-installed the vacuum but I think after 2-3 cleaning jobs, the map gets overlapped again and even if I restore a clean map from the backup, right with the first cleaning job, I have the same problem. Any solution?
Options
2024-08-30 06:28:49

@mekatu I'm getting the same problem with a brand new 30C. Did you end up finding a solution?

Options
Wednesday

@Gards 

I have sent the vacuum to Tp-Link for repair. Received it back yesterday with a dispatch note stating that "the mainboard has been replaced".

I reinstalled the vacuum, mapped the home carefully and this morning did the first job. After some minutes I noticed that the map is tilting again. (see the grey tilting on the right bottom corner - circular section)

Once the battery is discharged, it was not able to find the charging dock although it was some meters away from it. It seems that nothing has changed. 

I sent another -email to Tp-Link. Lets see what their response will be. Obviously mainboard replacement did not solve the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 827

Replies: 8

Tags

Related Articles