Replacing a two-way switch by a motion sensor

2023-12-15 19:16:20 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:45:59

Hi all,

Sorry for my questions, I'm a total newbie on this domain.

I plan to replace a two-way switch by a TP-Link motion sensor. 

If I understand correctly, I have to get also a smart switch which will be controlled by the motion sensor ?

But in the old two-way switch, I have 3 wires. Which ones should I connect to the smart switch ?

Thanks for your answer

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Replacing a two-way switch by a motion sensor-Solution
2023-12-19 09:45:49 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:45:59

@ralan 

A Tapo or Kasa smart switch is needed if you want to control the switch with the Tapo motion sensor. Create Automation with Tapo Smart Action

A neutral line is required in the circuit for most Kasa switches, it will be used to power the smart switch itself for smart control (stay online and connected to WiFi).

If there is no neutral line in your circuit, check out these two Tapo switches, Tapo S210 and Tapo S220. No neutral is required for these two models as they will be powered by the battery.

Device availability varies from region and country. Visit TP-Link official website or online platforms of the authorized retailer (Where To Buy) to confirm product availability in your country!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Replacing a two-way switch by a motion sensor-Solution
2023-12-19 09:45:49 - last edited 2023-12-19 09:45:59

@ralan 

A Tapo or Kasa smart switch is needed if you want to control the switch with the Tapo motion sensor. Create Automation with Tapo Smart Action

A neutral line is required in the circuit for most Kasa switches, it will be used to power the smart switch itself for smart control (stay online and connected to WiFi).

If there is no neutral line in your circuit, check out these two Tapo switches, Tapo S210 and Tapo S220. No neutral is required for these two models as they will be powered by the battery.

Device availability varies from region and country. Visit TP-Link official website or online platforms of the authorized retailer (Where To Buy) to confirm product availability in your country!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 1

Related Articles