Votes

Compare temperature rule

Compare temperature rule
Compare temperature rule
2023-12-29 17:12:03 - last edited 2023-12-29 18:48:09
Model: Tapo T310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Could we have the ability to compare temperatures between 2 sensors as a rule?

E.g. if this room temperature is greater than that room temperature then turn on the fan.

Another thought... the ability to trigger based on increasing temperature or decreasing temperature (so comparing to yourself 30 seconds ago)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Compare temperature rule
2024-01-10 06:57:50

@Charliepsycho 

Can you describe the exact usage? I can't quite figure out what scenarios this rule can be applied to.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Compare temperature rule
2024-01-10 10:42:01

@Wayne-TP 

I actually use this (well as close as I can get anyway) I have a temperature sensor on the house boiler outflow and a temperature sensor on the hot water tank. If the temperature on the outflow is higher than the hot water tank then I turn on the valve to heat the hot water, if it is lower then I turn it off. (Currently I use a 40degc threshold)

I also have a temperature sensor in 2 different rooms. One room has a woodburner in it. If the temperature is higher in one room than the other then I turn on an extractor fan to blow warm air from one room to the other. (Currently I have a 21deg threshold)

I actually run my whole central heating system off a combination of temperature sensors and light switches, with rules to combine them... I'm just waiting for the ke100 to be integrated and the e200 to be released to complete the picture!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 150

Replies: 2

Voters 1