H100 Automation for P100M not always working

2023-12-30 07:06:22 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:48:21
Model: Tapo H100   Tapo T310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

We are using a TP310 Temperature & humidity sensor connected to an H100 Hub. Using automation, it is controlling a P100M & a P115. One powers a fan, the other a de-humidifier. We have set up tha Automation  correctly for each, but even so the automation does not always work, We've tried both having the sockets on, then activating the automation, and off, then turning on the automation (And both turning them on or off via the side button, and with the app). But it seems to be hit-and-miss).

No Manual of course for any of these products, just FAQ's. All units are on the latest Firmware, internet and Home Network very stable.

Can anyone help? What are we missing?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:H100 Automation for P100M not always working-Solution
2024-01-03 08:16:29 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:48:21

@Wayne-TP Thank you for getting back to me. The version of the Tapo app is 3.1.601. This is on an iPhone SE. Only one error message, which was an exclamation mark after the History saying the De-humidifier turned off (But no "Turn on" message).

However, since I wrote, we "solved" the problem - the phone was connected to our Router on the 5G network. Since we moved it down to the 2.4G network, the automation has been working flawlessly. I was surprised that this was necessary, as we have several 2.4G devices that worked fine with the phone when it was on the 5G network. The Router is an Asus AC 87U - though not the newest, very reliable. If it is always necessary for the phone to also be on the 2.4G Network, maybe this should be mentioned on the app during set-up?

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-05 10:48:05 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:48:29

@Evinger 

Thank you for your update, it's good to hear that!

The type of network used by the mobile phone does not affect the execution of smart device automation. This should be a coincidence.

As long as the router network is stable and the smart device is connected to the cloud server normally, automation can be executed normally.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:H100 Automation for P100M not always working
2024-01-03 06:53:04

@Evinger 

Are these automation all triggered by the T310? Can you share your settings here?

Do you see any error reported in the automation History (App ->Smart tab ->Upper right corner, History)?

What's the version of your Tapo App?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-03 08:16:29 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:48:21

@Wayne-TP Thank you for getting back to me. The version of the Tapo app is 3.1.601. This is on an iPhone SE. Only one error message, which was an exclamation mark after the History saying the De-humidifier turned off (But no "Turn on" message).

However, since I wrote, we "solved" the problem - the phone was connected to our Router on the 5G network. Since we moved it down to the 2.4G network, the automation has been working flawlessly. I was surprised that this was necessary, as we have several 2.4G devices that worked fine with the phone when it was on the 5G network. The Router is an Asus AC 87U - though not the newest, very reliable. If it is always necessary for the phone to also be on the 2.4G Network, maybe this should be mentioned on the app during set-up?

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-05 10:48:05 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:48:29

@Evinger 

Thank you for your update, it's good to hear that!

The type of network used by the mobile phone does not affect the execution of smart device automation. This should be a coincidence.

As long as the router network is stable and the smart device is connected to the cloud server normally, automation can be executed normally.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 3

Related Articles