2 Tapo c420 cameras stopped working

2023-12-31 10:47:16

I've been very happy with my wireless c420 cameras. But they abruptly stopped working on 17tg December. Was there a software update or something? It's difficult to know what's happening as I have them on a property in another country. The hub seems to reboot but no picture on the cameras and no recording. Batteries are low but ok. 40% Network is fine. Indoor cameras are working - but these are not connected to the hub. Any ideas??

Options
2 Reply
Re:2 Tapo c420 cameras stopped working
2024-01-01 11:32:28

@Brux There seems to have been a software update that wiped out a fair few of the C200 cameras as well.

I returned two other tappo cameras ( unopened and not used) back to the shop as my C200 has been bricked by TP link , and TP link supports response to this is " Apologize for any inconvience caused, and we can only suggest you purchase a new one on our authorized resellers. "

The odd thing was I was not the only one in there returning TP link cameras and according to the shop assistant quite a few of these tapo things have been returned lately as faulty.

and yet all support say is

" Apologize for any inconvience caused, and we can only suggest you purchase a new one on our authorized resellers. "

Options
Re:2 Tapo c420 cameras stopped working
2024-01-02 11:25:35

@Brux  Hi, I see the C420's new firmware is releasing on Dec 26, the problem may not caused by firmware updates: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tapo-c420/v1/#Firmware-Release-Notes. My understanding of your problem is the camera is online but you can't see its live view or recordings, if so, you can try to reboot the camera via the Tapo app or watch the camera with a different phone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 2

Related Articles