Can't complete initial set up

2024-01-01 20:57:47 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:32:58
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I have 2 tapo P100 plugs in use in my apartment that i am very happy with, so i purchased an additional unit. 

While the initial set up with the first pair of plugs was extremely quick and straight forward, i have been unable to set up the new plug, as i can't get past the initial set up. 

"We couldn't find this Tapo device"

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps laid out in the app, with three different phones (Pixel 7A, Pixel 6A, and an old Samsung J5 wich is used as a media player/cast device), and with the P100 in different sockets 

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated 

TIA 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't complete initial set up -Solution
2024-01-05 10:32:54 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:32:58

@Bazk 

Make sure you have factory reset the Tapo P100 correctly: Press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds to factory reset the Tapo smart plug. 

Ensure the Tapo App is the latest version. <1/5/2024 Current latest Tapo App on Android: 3.1.605.>

Double-check the product model on the label and make sure NOT to select the wrong model during the configuration.

If all the above tips are met but the configuration still fails, this new plug seems defective. You may reach the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with warranty. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't complete initial set up -Solution
2024-01-05 10:32:54 - last edited 2024-01-05 10:32:58

@Bazk 

Make sure you have factory reset the Tapo P100 correctly: Press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds to factory reset the Tapo smart plug. 

Ensure the Tapo App is the latest version. <1/5/2024 Current latest Tapo App on Android: 3.1.605.>

Double-check the product model on the label and make sure NOT to select the wrong model during the configuration.

If all the above tips are met but the configuration still fails, this new plug seems defective. You may reach the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with warranty. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 194

Replies: 1

Related Articles