At my wits end, added two new plugs one works one doesn't

2024-01-02 16:41:54 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:01:49
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Got two new plugs connected one no problem, the other finds the wifi network but won't connect to it.  I only have the 2.4GHz band active, the password is simple, I've tried factory resetting the plug, restarting the phone, connecting to the hotspot on my phone (says it can't).  I have several tapo plugs and lightbulbs that won't connect now, sometimes it says can't connect to wifi sometimes that the password is incorrect.  I don't understand what the problem could be, wifi security is WPA, I've also tried WPA/WPA2 but that didn't make a difference.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:At my wits end, added two new plugs one works one doesn't-Solution
2024-01-05 11:46:59 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:01:49

@EvaLiz 

Check out the suggestions here if you fail to set up the Tapo smart plug. What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

What if the suggestion doesn't help?  Post the error message you received, the troubleshooting steps you have tried, and the abnormal phenomena you have observed (e.g. abnormal LED changes) here, community users and the support team will help to check and provide targeted suggestions accordingly.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-05 13:27:50 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:01:51

@Wayne-TP Tried for three days, just tried again and they connected without issue, have no idea why.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-01-05 11:46:59 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:01:49

@EvaLiz 

Check out the suggestions here if you fail to set up the Tapo smart plug. What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

What if the suggestion doesn't help?  Post the error message you received, the troubleshooting steps you have tried, and the abnormal phenomena you have observed (e.g. abnormal LED changes) here, community users and the support team will help to check and provide targeted suggestions accordingly.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-05 13:27:50 - last edited 2024-01-08 10:01:51

@Wayne-TP Tried for three days, just tried again and they connected without issue, have no idea why.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 2

Related Articles