Votes

Record longer before motion detection events

Votes

Record longer before motion detection events

25 Reply
Re:Record longer before motion detection events
a week ago

@Solla-topee YES !!! please allow for the camera to start recording a few seconds befor it detects motion ...

Options
RE:Record longer before motion detection events
Yesterday
WTH??? I recently purchased a dozen of these for a client that specifically wanted the tapo cams, as I was setting them up I thought wow, what nice little cams at such a great price, well now I see why... Motion detection doesn't record anything until it's too late. I guess tplink doesn't care after seeing how long this ISSUE (it's not a feature when it's just a basic standard capability that everything else has) which is a shame. The customer is dumbfounded and so am I. Unfortunately these will be taken down and returned and replaced with anything else as anything else has this "feature"... I can't even believe it, it's like a joke.
Options
Re:Record longer before motion detection events
Yesterday

@RandyAndy This is probably my biggest complaint by far. As I said in an earlier post, I am forced to enable continuousrecording to ensure everything is recorded. There are other issues though, for example there is no way to skip backwards or forwards besides swiping the timeline which is very low resolution, essentially it's a complete waste of time since you first have to zoom in all the way (being careful not to slide left or right in the process!) and still end up going back or forward too far. A simple button skip +10/-10 seconds would fix this, I need to create a feature request for that. The other mayor annoyance is the fact that the notification sound is the same for all cameras. It would be so much better if each camera would have a different notification sound, this way I would know without having to open the app whether "the cat has entered the housee", or "there is someone at the front door". Development is very slow.

Options
16 hours ago

@rbennett 

Hi,
Typically, if the camera's detection and recording features are configured correctly, it will record when detecting events. If the camera's detection or recording feature is not working well and you are willing to troubleshoot, it's recommended to start a new thread here with the following information for further assistance.
1. The camera's model number and hardware version.
2. The detailed problem phenomenon.
3. Is an SD card inserted into the camera, or does the camera subscribe to the Tapo Care server?
Best Regards

Options
13 hours ago

This cctv is so annoying I am getting 1second vidios which are missing everything I need to be seeing, thinking of changing this terrible and constantly unstable network cctv cam C510 outdoor to a better cam.

Options

Voters 17

+ 13 Voters