Smart action controls

Smart action controls

Smart action controls
Smart action controls
2024-01-07 10:07:44 - last edited 2024-01-19 07:09:10
Model: Tapo T100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So  I have set up lights cameras and specifically three sensors to ring a different door chime on each door so the dog doesn't learn to scratch the doors. I have shared the devices with family, fine, but only I have the control of the smart actions I set up. So on a windy if I am not there I find the chime has annoyed people and the hub has had its power lead removed.

How do I share smart action controls? Or why can't I share smart action controls?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart action controls-Solution
2024-01-19 07:08:44 - last edited 2024-01-19 07:08:48

@Bryan999 

As a shared device, it is reasonable to only have limited permissions on product functions. The owner account has no control over the guest account's behavior in operating the smart device.

In my opinion, it is not safe if the guest account can control the smart actions, such as automation related to an intrusion alert might be disabled accidentally. However, it's a good idea to enrich the functionality for the Device Sharing. If you have thoughts, feel free to raise a feature request post to express your opinions! 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart action controls-Solution
2024-01-19 07:08:44 - last edited 2024-01-19 07:08:48

@Bryan999 

As a shared device, it is reasonable to only have limited permissions on product functions. The owner account has no control over the guest account's behavior in operating the smart device.

In my opinion, it is not safe if the guest account can control the smart actions, such as automation related to an intrusion alert might be disabled accidentally. However, it's a good idea to enrich the functionality for the Device Sharing. If you have thoughts, feel free to raise a feature request post to express your opinions! 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles