Plug differences: P100 P110 P110M

2024-01-08 16:29:22 - last edited 2024-01-19 08:32:27

I'm new to all this so still learning... smiley
I'm looking at TAPO smart plugs and I've only just realised the differences between P100 / P110 / P110M ! 

Am I right in thinking...?
P100 is a standard smart plug.
P110 has energy monitoring.
P110M has energy monitoring and also supports the 'Matter' standard

Do they all have the same hardware or is the newer P110M different?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Plug differences: P100 P110 P110M-Solution
2024-01-19 08:32:24 - last edited 2024-01-19 08:46:45

HmmmUK wrote

I'm looking at TAPO smart plugs and I've only just realised the differences between P100 / P110 / P110M ! 

@HmmmUK 

The main functional differences between these three models are consistent with the information you have learned.

Regarding the distinction between product hardware versions, generally speaking, different hardware versions may be due to different production batches, product/packaging appearance updates, etc. In rare cases, some hardware versions may have new functions. However, this will generally be supported by other hardware versions as the firmware is updated.

If you are looking for specific product features, you can contact technical support to inquire.

Tips: A Compare tool is available on TP-Link's official website. Utilize it to make your choice easy!  

1. On the TP-Link official website, choose and select a product category that you're interested in.
2. The "Filter" tool is available on the left side.
3. Move the mouse to any of the product cards, the "Compare" tool is available on the upper right side. Check the box and select one or two more models that you want to see the differences.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Plug differences: P100 P110 P110M
2024-01-14 11:13:48

I guess no one knows if the hardware is different...

I've just ordered a P110M to play with.

Options
2024-01-15 19:26:56

Does Dark Matter exist? No one told me and I've searched the internet.

Options
Re:Plug differences: P100 P110 P110M-Solution
2024-01-19 08:32:24 - last edited 2024-01-19 08:46:45

HmmmUK wrote

@HmmmUK 

The main functional differences between these three models are consistent with the information you have learned.

Regarding the distinction between product hardware versions, generally speaking, different hardware versions may be due to different production batches, product/packaging appearance updates, etc. In rare cases, some hardware versions may have new functions. However, this will generally be supported by other hardware versions as the firmware is updated.

If you are looking for specific product features, you can contact technical support to inquire.

Tips: A Compare tool is available on TP-Link's official website. Utilize it to make your choice easy!  

1. On the TP-Link official website, choose and select a product category that you're interested in.
2. The "Filter" tool is available on the left side.
3. Move the mouse to any of the product cards, the "Compare" tool is available on the upper right side. Check the box and select one or two more models that you want to see the differences.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-19 11:08:57 - last edited 2024-01-19 11:11:27

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the reply.

NB. I see your reply shows as "Accepted Solution"! 
When I've seen this on other threads I thought it was due to the OP being happy with the reply and marking as a 'solution' etc. showing others they are happy with the response. It's a bit deceiving when a post shows as "Accepted Solution" when the original poster hasn't marked it themselves!
smiley

Options
2024-01-23 02:58:32

@HmmmUK 

Your understanding is correct. However, only a small percentage of users are aware of this feature and utilize it. As administrators, we feel it is our responsibility and obligation to make appropriate replies in a thread known to all who may see the post. So in some cases, we will assist posters in flagging appropriate replies in a thread.

As a poster, you still have the right to set this up, and if you feel that this reply is not suitable as a recommended solution, you can click to cancel it!

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@HmmmUK 

You are correct with your assumptions.

I am also very curious whether the internal hardware, specifically the relay, of the "M" version (P110M) is better/ more reliable than the relays in the P110 (non M version). I have had 5 out of 12 non "M" P110 plugs fail (stuck/ broken relays). I have replaced all under warranty (failures were 3-7 months after purchase).

I have replaced 4 with the "M" version... so far so good. The non "M" replacement is also going well. I use two of the "M" versions for my fridges as a failed plug there could have major bad consequences.

I have 87 Tapo devices (I am a tragic smart home addict). I am very impressed with Tapo value for money and overall performance, except the P110 plugs... hopefully it was a rogue and one off batch of bad relays that I, and many others on the Tapo forums have experienced.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 5700

Replies: 6

Related Articles