One switch works with Alexa 2 wont

2024-01-10 03:49:30 - last edited 2024-01-18 09:29:31
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: V5.0

I installed 3 tp-link switches, 2 single pole and 1 3-way. One of the single poles works fine, turns on and off, no problems. The other single pole and the 3-way will not work with Alexa. I get " switch doesn't do that". The one that works is the first one I installed. I already had Kasa installed and paired with Alexa, because I have other smart devices, which all work fine. I can turn the switches on and off  through the app but not with Alexa.

Options
1 Reply
Re:One switch works with Alexa 2 wont
2024-01-18 09:37:31

@Mikeeg 

What's the name of the other two switches? Make sure you give them a name that Alexa won't easily misinterpret. For example, if a room name is used, when a command is given such as Turn on Kitchen, Turn on living room, Alexa may think that the kitchen and living room are a LOCATION and can't be turned on. Therefore it can't execute this command.

Please test whether these two switches can be controlled by Kasa App remotely, when you're on cellular data or connected to a non-home WiFi.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 1

Related Articles