Smart Thermostat Wont turn off radiator

2024-01-11 17:18:01 - last edited 2024-01-22 06:18:52
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.6.0

Hello Folks,

I installed 4 KE100 thermostats yesterday and connected them to the Smart Hub, all seem to be working ok except 1, for some reaon it is reporting a temperature of 29 degrees and will not fully turn off the radiator unless I calibrate it, all of the others seem to be working fine. Any thoughts or ideas as to what might be wrong with this one?

Thx

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart Thermostat Wont turn off radiator-Solution
2024-01-16 12:22:11 - last edited 2024-01-22 06:18:52

@mikejhathaway @Henryshelley 

The most important thing, make sure you have selected the correct adapter and it is installed properly. 

Try to use the Fully Close feature under Sleep Mode (Device's Settings >Sleep Mode), check whether the valve can be closed completely. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Smart Thermostat Wont turn off radiator
2024-01-15 10:00:38

@mikejhathaway did you find a solution please? I have an identical issue. Happening on just one of my devices. 

Options
2024-01-15 22:47:53 - last edited 2024-01-15 22:48:07

@Henryshelley nothing yet, I've opened a case with TPLink, so far the advice has been factory reset and then calibrate, all of which I have already done, will see what they come back with tomorrow! I personally think the device is faulty if 3 others purchased at the same time work just fine!

Options
2024-01-16 08:21:00

@mikejhathaway If it helps, I changed the batteries in the unit that wasn't working, ran a calibration too, and now it's back working again. On the unit itself it was displaying "Lo" which means low battery (so presumably it had stopped opening and closing the valve correctly). But normally it says there is a low battery in the app too (but this didn't happen). 

Options
Re:Smart Thermostat Wont turn off radiator-Solution
2024-01-16 12:22:11 - last edited 2024-01-22 06:18:52

@mikejhathaway @Henryshelley 

The most important thing, make sure you have selected the correct adapter and it is installed properly. 

Try to use the Fully Close feature under Sleep Mode (Device's Settings >Sleep Mode), check whether the valve can be closed completely. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-16 16:04:59

@Wayne-TP Thx, as I say above, I have 4 of these thermostats, two of which on rads with the same valves and adapters, I can move this faulty thermostat to the other room with the same valves \ adapter and I get the same behavior, this is 100% isolated to this thermostat, the others all function correctly if I swap them onto this radiator. 

Have had to send pictures to TP-Link support, now I have to wait until tomorrow :-(

Cheers

Mike

Options
2024-01-17 03:11:39

@mikejhathaway 

Thank you for sharing. Keep us posted about the results!

Options
2024-01-17 11:23:14

@Wayne-TP TP-Link support have just confirmed that they believe the device to be faulty and to return it to Amazon for an exchange. Nothing they can do to repair!

Options