slow charging 45w charger when on a schedule

2024-01-11 17:28:58 - last edited 2024-01-18 09:18:58
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 build 230905 rel.152200

Whenever I set my Samsung s23u to charge overnight on a schedule it slow charges and never fully charges. I've got it set to be on for 2.5hrs now yet still only reaching 70% charged. If I manually turn the plug on it charges fast no issues. Tried different Samsung chargers and another p110, same issue. It's like at night and on a schedule it charges slow, all other times it's ok. Does the smart plug automatically release less power at night or something 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:slow charging 45w charger when on a schedule -Solution
2024-01-15 06:25:59 - last edited 2024-01-18 09:18:58

Jkcov84 wrote

Whenever I set my Samsung s23u to charge overnight on a schedule it slow charges and never fully charges. I've got it set to be on for 2.5hrs now yet still only reaching 70% charged. If I manually turn the plug on it charges fast no issues. Tried different Samsung chargers and another p110, same issue. It's like at night and on a schedule it charges slow, all other times it's ok. Does the smart plug automatically release less power at night or something 

@Jkcov84 I don't know if the Samsung phone battery charge management has a feature to slow down charging overnight. I know the OPPO A91 phone has that option when leaving it plugged in overnight to a normal power outlet. They call it optimised battery charging. Do a google search for "samsung s23 optimised battery charging"

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:slow charging 45w charger when on a schedule -Solution
2024-01-15 06:25:59 - last edited 2024-01-18 09:18:58

Jkcov84 wrote

@Jkcov84 I don't know if the Samsung phone battery charge management has a feature to slow down charging overnight. I know the OPPO A91 phone has that option when leaving it plugged in overnight to a normal power outlet. They call it optimised battery charging. Do a google search for "samsung s23 optimised battery charging"

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:slow charging 45w charger when on a schedule
2024-01-18 09:18:54

@Jkcov84 

This is no such limitation as far as I know. I agree with @lopTL, many smartphone brands are designed with their own charging protection mechanisms, for example, the iPhone stops charging when the phone overheats.

You mentioned that this situation only occurs at night, it is likely that the phone has turned on the relevant charging protection, optimization mechanism.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options