C325WB keeps losing WiFi

C325WB keeps losing WiFi

C325WB keeps losing WiFi
C325WB keeps losing WiFi
2024-01-22 12:12:49 - last edited 2024-01-22 12:13:51
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 231107 Rel. 65795n

I purchased the C325WB to work alongside my other Tapo cameras a few weeks ago. Strangely, it was a V1 hardware edition. Sadly, this camera has never maintained its WiFi connection, despite being in clear line of site to a Deco X75 mesh AP just 5 metres away.

• The firmware is up-to-date.
  • WiFi is optimised (according to Deco app) with no overlap with neighbour channels when using a PC based WiFi analyser.
  • The entire WiFi stack is TP-Link based, with 2x X75 mesh APs connected to an AXE5400 router.
  • Signal testing at the camera location results in a strong connection.
  • Any other device placed in the location of the camera receives strong WiFi.
  • Sadly, I cannot test using ethernet outside.
  • Rebooting the camera in position does not force its reconnection to WiFi
  • Rebooting the mesh AP the camera connects to does not force its reconnection to WiFi.

I am at a loss as to why this happens. My other TP-Link cameras do not experience this issue, even when placed in the same location as the C325WB as a test.

Any and all help appreciated.

Options
10 Reply
Re:C325WB keeps losing WiFi
2024-01-23 09:05:52

@N_Gatt 

Hi,
You can try to turn off the Fast Roaming feature on the Deco app and check if the Tapo C325WB will work fine. If the guest network on the Deco is not enabled, you can also enable the 2.4G guest network, reset and reconfigure the Tapo C325WB to connect to the guest network, and then check if it will work fine.

If the problem remains, please check the LED status on the camera when it shows offline on the Tapo app, and please help check the Wi-Fi signal value on the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-23 09:52:14

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated!

I can confirm that Fast roaming is disabled (always has been) and that when connected, the signal is displayed as strong. When the camera loses WiFi, the status led is red, with a slow blink which indicates it is trying to connect. The camera behaves the same when connected to the guest or IoT networks.

Many thanks once again.

-Nick

Options
2024-01-24 08:44:39

@N_Gatt 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-29 17:54:11

@N_Gatt 

I have the same issue, also have Deco Mesh.

The cameras are on a 5GHz/2.4GHz dual band mesh with fast roaming disabled.

I can live view the camera fine, as soon as it starts recording it reports poor network quality.

Mesh AP is at the other side of the wall to the camera. My older Kasa cameras had no issue at all. 300mbps Internet connection and Tapo camera reports good network connection 

Options
2024-01-30 11:46:03

@WhiteRoseAl 

Hi,
Do you see the 'poor network quality' message when you press the record button on the camera's Live View page to record video manually, or when the camera detects events and starts to record video automatically?

Have you inserted an SD card into the camera to store video recordings?

What's the Wi-Fi signal value on the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page?

How about the LED status on the camera when the app reports 'poor network quality'?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-30 13:32:38
Hi, it happens when watching live view and immediately when the camera detects motion. Yes, i have an SD card installed and a Tapo Premium subscription Wirless value -55
Options
2024-01-31 10:04:24

@WhiteRoseAl 

Hi,
The phenomenon seems related to the network quality rather than the camera losing the Wi-Fi connection. Please check if the camera can connect to the router/deco by an ethernet cable or if you can make them closer, and then check if the camera will work well. Or you can select a low video quality or select Auto on the camera's Live View page, then check if the "poor network quality" message will disappear when the camera detects events.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-31 13:29:01

@N_Gatt 

Are you using the original power plug & cable? Or is it extended with wire extension?

Options
2024-01-31 14:42:55

@Kaizoku 

I am using the original plug and attempting to use WiFi. However until that is resolved, I'm using ethernet because I need the camera working.

Options
2024-02-01 05:29:18

@N_Gatt oh, so it works fine with ethernet? hmmm

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 441

Replies: 10

Related Articles