Delay in automation

Delay in automation
Delay in automation
2024-01-28 16:44:52
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I wanted to created the following automation: when motion is detected with the motion sensor, put on the lights, and sound an alarm.

After 3 minutes, switch off both alarm and lights. However, in the automation, I can not put a delay (for instance WAIT 180s).

Or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Pascal

Options
5 Reply
Re:Delay in automation
2024-01-31 12:24:13

@PascalVdV 

Two actions are required in your case, one to turn on the light and hub alarm, and the other one to turn off the light (siren duration is supported for the tapo hub).

Simply create a different automation to turn off the light then apply "Delay" to this rule.

E.g. When Light A turns on, Then turn off Light A. Delay 3 minutes.

If you're using the testing App of Smart Action 2.0, this scene can be achieved with one automation rule, as the "Delay" feature can be added as an Action in between the other actions. The automation can be created as follows.

When T100 motion detected

Then

- Turn on Light A

- Ring Tapo Hub for 3 minutes

- Delay 3 minutes

- Turn off Light A

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-31 12:32:12
Thanks. Very unhandy to have to define this in other automations. A simple delay function in the same automation would do the trick. If I want to activate/deactivate other items with a different delay, I will have to create lots of automations, and everything becomes a bit messy. I also have some smart items from LSC, where the delay (or wait) option exists within the same automation.
Options
2024-02-02 02:37:25

@PascalVdV 

Unlike the dedicated light switches with motion sensors, smart light bulbs themselves do not have this kind of design. It would take extra work if you want a regular device to cater to this kind of usage.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-02 09:51:14 - last edited 2024-02-02 09:53:56

I am not talking about the light bulb that needs to detect. I have the motion sensor T100. A motion sensor senses motion. The rest is a simple time: if the motion detector did not detect motion for x time execute this or that automation...

Options
2024-02-05 03:29:24

@PascalVdV 

I see. Actually this feature will be available soon in the upcoming Smart Action 2.0. "No motion detected for a Set Time" will be available as a Trigger for T100 in the smart action.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 5

Related Articles