KE100 - Grinding noise on close after latest software update

KE100 - Grinding noise on close after latest software update

44 Reply
Re:KE100 - Grinding noise on close after latest software update
2024-02-04 10:41:17

@Wayne-TP 

I have now updated to 2.8 and re-calibrated and all seems good, grinding on close has gone

2 of my actuators seem lumpy on opening, so hopefully no damage

Thanks to all involved with the fix

Options
2024-02-05 08:45:23

All 10 valves refitted and updated but they're not right.

The last few milliseconds still emit a grind, its as if TP-Link just reduced the overrun, but by a set amount that is just in excess of what it needs to be. Any overrun risks more bent pins on the radiator's valve.

Unfortunately I cannot risk it. I've shelled out for a plumber to fix one valve and can't afford problems with others. Plus I worry about leaks if the TRVs are constantly pushing too hard on the valves to close them. TP-Link have refused to comment on who covers the cost of repairs if things go pear-shaped, so I'm out.

So today I will be removing them again, boxing them and the temperature sensors and sending the whole sorry lot back to Amazon for a refund.

Options
2024-02-06 04:01:43

@史蒂夫韦克斯 

Have you recalibrated the device? May I know what's the type of your radiator valve?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-06 09:18:19

@Wayne-TP 

Hi , I re-calibrated all seven of my valves

I have 5 Drayton and 2 Flowmaster valves

Options
2024-02-06 09:21:04

@Wayne-TP 

Assuming that's aimed at me; yes I ran recalibration, twice.

I don't recall the make of original TRV but they are only 3 years old and the Kasa TRV screws directly to them without the need for adapters.

Not that it makes any difference, the Kasa TRVs worked fine before the 2.7.0 firmware update.

Sadly I cannot return them as its apparently too late to do so, so I am donating all 10 of them to the recycling centre's electrical bin this morning. I'm afraid I have lost faith in Kasa and Tapo products in general now as I lose count how many times I've had to replace smart plugs with failed/sticky relays and constantly dropped wifi connections (perhaps that's the fault of the routers which happen to be Deco X55s). My faith in TP-Link in general is slowly being eroded.

My days of handing TP-Link money is over, I cannot afford to continue throwing good money away on poor products and even worse service.

Options
2024-02-06 09:27:39

@butty 

Apologies if I have wrongly assumed that I was being asked the question

Options
2024-02-07 07:07:20

@SteveWex 

Based on feedback from other users, the latest firmware version appears to resolve this issue. Your situation may be somehow unique, as device configuration and usage environments vary from person to person, variations are inevitable. Should you encounter any difficulties with your product, we're more than willing to continue assisting you.

I've relayed your situation to our engineers, and they've prepared a new firmware version (2.9.0) for you to test. We suggest giving it a try to see if it resolves this issue you're facing.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-08 18:50:19 - last edited 2024-02-08 18:51:25

@Wayne-TP downloaded and installed. Noise less apparent but now most of the thermostats state a temperature of 16 degrees and they've been that way since before the update, since 03:45 yesterday Wednesday 7th.

some stats are controlled by the internal sensor, others use external sensors. 

Switching those with external sensors to the internal sensor changes the temperature briefly but look a few seconds later and it's back to 16 degrees.

This is getting tiresome.

Options
2024-02-09 08:25:19

@Wayne-TP 

Restarted the Kasa and Tapo Hubs, restarted the Deco they are linked to.

No different, some Thermostats still flat-lining at 16 degrees.

Also, updated the firmware to 2.9.0. I sat there watching it happen and listened to all the thermostats restarting/calibrating.

Today, the Tapo app states all thermostats at 2.8.0 with a Firmware update pending. Checked on the Kasa app, reporting the same. I am now worried about allowing them to "update" again? 

I'm happy to keep trying things, but have limited time and patience, especially now the thermostats are stuck at 16 degrees meaning my boiler is firing more as the thermostats think its 16 degrees in my house and are always open now.

Options
2024-02-09 09:54:28

@Wayne-TP 

Not sure even if you are monitoring this any more but one thermostat reported Low Battery. I replaced the batteries and now its showing "Error" with a red battery symbol.

Just to add to the list of things going wrong.

I'll give it 'til the end of the day and I'm removing all the "smart" thermostats permanently, I don't have the time to keep trying different things. These are the worst "smart" products I've ever bought bar none.

Options
Related Articles