Tapo P100 supplying power when "off"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-05 19:50:48
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

As the original threads are locked - looks like I too have this issue. I use 2 plugs for televisions, the Panasonic in the bedroom is seen to occasionally flash a white light from the bottom corner near the IR sensor and power LED. We've been getting paranoid about this thinking it was taking photos of us at night! Today I tested the P100 and it supplies 3.5V when switched off. Also, our Samsung downstairs on another P100 seems to make occasional clicking noises even when the plug is off. I suppose the 3.5V is charging a capacitor which gets to a level then discharges. Haven't noticed any damage being done.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 supplying power when "off"
2024-02-06 07:53:46

@佩德罗维安 

- Safety Information

• Function switch of Micro-gap construction / Micro-disconnection is used. Power is completely off only when the plug has been withdrawn from Tapo smart socket. Automatic action type of the integrated switch: Micro-disconnection (Type 1.B), Micro-gap construction (For UK version).

Tapo P100(UK)_V1_User Guide 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Related Articles