Sunrise time incorrect when setting automation

2024-02-27 12:38:17 - last edited 2024-02-29 02:48:58
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've just setup an H100 hub with T100 motion sensor and L530 bulb. 

I've created an automation (called "morning landing light") for the sensor to turn the light on when motion detected, and set this to run between 06:00 and 30 mins after sunrise. Unfortunately this isn't working correctly as the motion sensor is triggering the "morning landing light" in the middle of the day. 

if I go to schedule the light to come on at sunrise, this is correctly showing sunrise as 06:51 for my location (London), and all devices show the correct location as Europe/London. The motion sensor trigger times are also showing the correct current time, so everything would suggest this should work. 

I've noticed that if I change the automation to make the light "fade on", and therefore not be controlled by the hub, it appears to work correctly. So I assume there is an issue with the sunrise time found by the hub, but I can't see a way to check this. 

I've reset my router, hub and sensor but this has not corrected the issue. 

thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sunrise time incorrect when setting automation
2024-02-29 02:48:46

@mjlongley 

Can you share a picture of this automation setup? What's the hardware and firmware version of your Tapo H100?

And can you further explain this, how do you tell it is not controlled by the hub?

"I've noticed that if I change the automation to make the light "fade on", and therefore not be controlled by the hub, it appears to work correctly."

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 1

Related Articles