Alwys Offline

Alwys Offline

Alwys Offline
Alwys Offline
2024-03-21 18:46:07 - last edited 2024-03-22 07:50:41
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

My tapo plug P100 keeps going offline and when it does it does not come back online even if I unplug it. It only comes back if I do a hard reset but even after the reset it goes offline after some time. The plug is very near the router and the firmware is up to date. Any ideas how to solve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Alwys Offline
2024-03-22 07:50:30

@Gii 

There are some circumstances that Tapo smart devices do not work stably or lose connection from time to time, this could be due to the network environment or some other reasons, here are some helpful tips to fix the situation:
    1. Ensure Router is working properly. Try to restore the connection by rebooting both router and smart devices.
    2. Update the firmware of the Tapo device and ensure Tapo APP is up to date in the APP store or Google Play.
    3. Ensure Tapo smart device is receiving a Good Wi-Fi signal, you may move the device closer to the access point or the router, keep the smart device away from microwave ovens and other interference sources.
    4. Turn off Advanced Wi-Fi settings on your router like Band Steering (also called 'Smart Connect' or 'Whole-Home Wi-Fi'), Wi-Fi Optimizing or 'Channel optimization' etc.

Here is a detailed instruction for you: What should I do if my Tapo smart devices keep losing connection or going Offline?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Alwys Offline
2024-03-22 13:04:54

@Gii 

Hi!

Thank you for your help.

1. Already tried with no sucess
  2. Everything updated
  3. Its in a good spot and I have other Tapo devices in the same area and they are working well.
  4. Router is in normal mode and I have other Tapo devices in the same area and they are working well.

Could it be a defected?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 63

Replies: 2

Related Articles