P110 fails to work
P110 fails to work
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Tags: #P110
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 230905 Rel. 15220

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but after getting a bunch of the P100's I decided to replace a few with the P110's as I like to monitor the energy of the devices that are connected.

Well in the past 2 years I've had 1 x P100 completely fail & now I've got 1x P110 that is starting to fail.  This socket has been the same one that has failed each time & I've got a 24v LED plugged into it.  Yesterday I went to turn the plug off and it failed to respond to the app or even the side button to turn it off.  I had to turn it off from the actual socket itself.  But after leaving it turned off over night, it has today started working again.  But I've seen this happen before & I know the P110 will fail completely later on.

Is there anything I can do with the plug as in sending it to Tapo to get a replacement ??  Or even buy a different socket that will actually last??

Cheers for any help or advice.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:P110 fails to work-Solution

@roydz 

This phenomenon appears to be a hardware problem caused by a sticky relay. You can try to bring it back to normal by gently tapping the side of the plug (pick up the plug and gently tap its side to the desktop).

If there is still no improvement, or if the problem occurs more frequently, it is recommended that you contact technical support or retailer for product warranty.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:P110 fails to work-Solution

@roydz 

This phenomenon appears to be a hardware problem caused by a sticky relay. You can try to bring it back to normal by gently tapping the side of the plug (pick up the plug and gently tap its side to the desktop).

If there is still no improvement, or if the problem occurs more frequently, it is recommended that you contact technical support or retailer for product warranty.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 1

Tags

P110
Related Articles