Problem reconnecting Tapo P300

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo P300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: FR/1.0

After changing network I cannot reconnect.

1. Tried to reset on the button and I get the orange blinking and a local WiFi signal is detectable named Tapo_Power_Strip_B280

2. The Android KASA app does not present a choise for P300. If I take the more general (with 2 different devices presented) I get the message "Cannot connect to your smart powerstrip"

3. I have also repeated this priocedure in several different locations in my home.

What can I do?

I have no VPN enabled on the mobile phone.

Help me !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem reconnecting Tapo P300-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Asturien 

Kasa App does not support Tapo P300. Tapo device is being managed and controlled by another App, the Tapo App

Did you own any Kasa devices? If not, where did you learn that you need to download the Kasa App?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem reconnecting Tapo P300-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Asturien 

Kasa App does not support Tapo P300. Tapo device is being managed and controlled by another App, the Tapo App

Did you own any Kasa devices? If not, where did you learn that you need to download the Kasa App?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 1

Related Articles