3-way dimmer switch doesn't work on GFCI circuit

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Dimmer #GFCI
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I installed this switch on a circuit that had a GFCI. The GFCI shut off the power as soon as I turned on the breaker. I tried a second KS230 kit with the same results. I then tried it on a circuit without a GFCI and it worked fine. Is this a limitation with this product or could it possibly be an issue with the GFCI or the circuit itself. I had no problems with standard 3-way switches.

Options
4 Reply
Re:3-way dimmer switch doesn't work on GFCI circuit
a week ago

@talbotyyc 

What GFCI breaker are you using? 

Can you share some pictures of the breaker and switch wiring here. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago
The GFCI is in the basement bathroom. The 3-way switches I am having difficulties with control 4 LED ceiling pot lights in the adjacent family room. The 3-way switches are on the load side of the GFCI. The original GFCI was an Eagle 15A GFCI. I thought it may be defective so I replaced it tonight with a Leviton GFNL1-W. Unfortunately, this did not correct the problem. The original 3-way switches are not dimmers. I have pictures of the GFCIs but I don't see where I can submit them. Thank you for your assitance.
Options
a week ago

@talbotyyc 

To assist you efficiently, I'll forward your case to the tech team who can help to follow up on this problem. Please pay attention to your email box later for updates

BTW, may I know what light bulbs do you use? Do you know the brand, power, etc?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 4

Tags

Dimmer
GFCI