"Unable to Connect to Your Smart Switch WiFi"

a week ago
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently installed 4 HS200 and 2 HS210 smart switches with no problems.  I then tried to add 2 more HS200 switches, but I got the page "Unable to Connect to Your Smart Switch WiFi" with 4 suggestions such as "Try a Different Location" and "Restart Your Device" when trying to connect them.  I've tried many many times, but always the same message. I then tried removinh all the switches and the resetting them to factory default, but I still get the same message.

Previously the app would ask to be connected to a temporary WiFi, but I don't see this anymore.

So right now, all I have are 8 "smart" switches that I can manually control the light with.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:"Unable to Connect to Your Smart Switch WiFi"
a week ago

@DKemp 

Was the HS200 flashing amber and green prior to the setup? Did you find the smart switch WiFi on your phone's WiFi list?

If the App did not ask you to connect the smart switch WiFi at this step, you may go to the WiFi list to connect it manually. Wait until the WiFi is connected then go back to the App to continue the setup.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 63

Replies: 1

Related Articles