How to replace a dumb switch with KS205?

2 weeks ago
Model: KS205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Bedroom Single Switch Bedroom Single Switch

Garage Single Switch Garage Single Switch

Hello Community, 

I'm trying to change a few of the dumb switches to KS205. They are all single switch controlling single light. 

I was attempting to do the bedroom and the garage switches. 

Then I realized the wiring of these switches are different than the instruction and I can't seem to find any post that is similar to my case. 

There are 3 cables going to a switch, 2 at top and 1 at bottom of the box. Each cable has black/pink, white, and copper. 

All whites are bundled with cap, grounds are connect to screw at the back of box. The 3 blacks or 2 black 1 Pink are connected to the dumb switch.

Could anyone help to suggest what the installation instruction would be for my scenario? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to replace a dumb switch with KS205?
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Eptain 

The method mentioned in the installation guide, which uses colors to distinguish wires, is suitable for general situations but may not cover all cases. If your wire colors are different, and you're unsure about their specifics, it's advisable to consult a professional electrician for confirmation.

However, it's essential to note that if your circuit doesn't have a neutral wire, the KS205 cannot be installed. This smart switch requires a continuous power supply through the neutral wire for smart control functionality.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options