installed a Tapo hub H200 but it keeps saying it has a firmware update. I

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 build 20240221 ref 53262

I have installed a tapo hub H200 and it says there is a firmware update 1.3.1 build 20240322 rel.61775. It seems to update but then the notification of new firmware update doesn't disappear and the firmware listed on the app is still the previous one. I am trying to install a doorbell camera but I can't do that without updating the firmware.  

Options
7 Reply
Re: installed a Tapo hub H200 but it keeps saying it has a firmware update. I
2 weeks ago

@Rob129 

What's the current firmware version of the H200 (App ->Device's Settings ->Device Info.) Did you see the update success prompt within the Tapo App?

If you were using the remote network to initiate the update (for example, while using the mobile data), try connecting your phone to local WiFi network. Force close and then reopen the Tapo App, try to do the update again. 

May I know what the version of your Tapo App is? Do you use an Android or iOS device?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

The current version of the H200 firmware is 1.3.0 Build 20240221 rel.53262

I use the wifi network when using the Tapo app. I have tried with the H200 connected via wifi and ethernet 

The Tapo App version is 3.2.976 and I use an android device. 

Options
a week ago

@Rob129 

How about rebooting the H200 and your phone? Any help?

Can you be more specific about what happened? Did you see any error message?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, when I try rebooting the hub H200 it gives the circling symbol for a while and then says network unstable try again later.  This is even though it is connected via ethernet. 

When I  access the Tapo app it shows the red dot for new notification on my profile and setting.  If I click on settings it shows a new firmware update available.  I access it and hit update. After a while it says firmware is up to date. It has a button on the screen which says check for update.  If I hit that it gives me the same message that I have a firmware update.  If I go into my profile it also shows a new firmware update. If I hit update it shows as firmware now up to date, I  hit the done button but the profile page still has the red dot for new notification for new firmware update. I seem to be stuck in a loop.

Options
Wednesday

@Rob129 

It does look strange. To better help with this case, I'll help to forward your case to the senior engineering team for further analysis. Please check your inbox later. 

Options
Thursday

@Wayne-TP I am having the same issue. Are you able to inbox me or share the solution please? Thanks

Options
Friday

@Talktowalls 

Can you share your network topology here?

What's the current firmware of your tapo hub? Which version are you trying to update?

Does the upgrade fail just like the moderator? Did you see the upgrade progress bar? Were there any further errors reported?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 7

Related Articles