Votes

Automatically turn off a plug

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Energy level as a trigger. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Energy level as a trigger. Please vote on the main thread.
2024-04-30 11:22:53 - last edited 2024-05-06 09:36:13
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 230905 Rel.152200

Hello,

It would be great if a plug could automatically turn off when the power of the device is less than X watt for Y minutes. 

These 2 parameters should be personalized by user directly on the app.

This option should be enabled or disabled. 

Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
RE:Automatically turn off a plug
2024-05-01 15:58:44
It's called "stand-by killer" and is pretty much a standard feature for smart plugs.
Options
Re:Automatically turn off a plug
2024-05-04 16:59:34

@Damien_L 

I would like to have it the other way around: turn on a plug when the power gets above a certain treshold.

Usecase: I have a pump running cold water through black hoses. The black hoses are heated up by the sun. I only want the pump to run when the sun is shining. I know when the sun is shining by monitoring a single solar panel via a Tapo P115. When for example the solar panel is delivering >200W, I want the pump to switch on (the pump is connected to another plug). When the solar panel delivers less then 200W it should switch of again. As I don't want it to switch continuously with every small cloud, I want to set the amount of time it should be below the lower treshold. So when the power is for more then 5 minutes below 200W, it should switch off. When the power is above 200W it should switch on directly.

Options
2024-05-04 17:01:12
See my comment but also make it able to switch on a plug when the power is above a certain value
Options
2024-05-06 02:38:16
THE reason why I bought these plugs... only to find out the app does not have this function yet. Super powerful, especially for preventing overcharging devices or if a devices has gone into standby and might as well be off.
Options
Re:Automatically turn off a plug
2024-05-06 09:07:53

Hello everyone, you may join the discussion in this thread that has received more votes! Energy level as a trigger

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 380

Replies: 5