Why does Kasa App not support Daylight Savings time?

2024-05-09 12:26:30 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set the location correctly and my time zone should be UTC-4 right now but in the location setting for my area, it still shows UTC-5 which means my switch comes on 1 hr early then it should. I have schedule for Sunrise and sunset and because UTC is not managed properly, the light goes off and on when it shouldn't.

Jack

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Why does Kasa App not support Daylight Savings time?-Solution
2024-05-14 06:56:55 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Jack64 

Is your Kasa device running on local WiFi? Does it have access to the internet? You may try to restart the router. 

What's the version of your Kasa App? Did you set the location here: Kasa App -> Me ->Settings ->Location and Time?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Why does Kasa App not support Daylight Savings time?-Solution
2024-05-14 06:56:55 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Jack64 

Is your Kasa device running on local WiFi? Does it have access to the internet? You may try to restart the router. 

What's the version of your Kasa App? Did you set the location here: Kasa App -> Me ->Settings ->Location and Time?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Why does Kasa App not support Daylight Savings time?
2024-05-14 19:49:18

@Jack64 Hi, I am definitely connected to the internet and the App version is 3.3.651. I have set the right timezone. My Location and time zone show America/Toronto and when I go in to see the UTC time, it says UTC-5 where today it should be UTC-4.  I see no where to change that.

Thanks

Options
2024-05-16 01:04:40

@Jack64 

Try to restart the switch, wait a while until it boots up then compare the time zone info of the switch (device's settings -> device's info), Kasa App (App -> Me ->Settings ->Location and Time) and your phone. 

Options
2024-05-29 13:43:33

@Jack64 I have used to restart the device and still the device is behind all my other wireless devices by 1hr. It is clear in the settings being UTC+5 that the configuration is not being updated.  Any other suggestions?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Jack64 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please check your email for follow-up.

Options