HS220 Switch turning my house vent on

2024-05-17 14:13:52 - last edited a week ago
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hi guys,

We just installed a HS220 Dimmer in our living room but the Switch is at one end of the circuit like the picture below. I would like to know why when I turn the lights on, my  house fan which is connected to my microwave turns on and off quickly if the dimmer is 100%. If I reduce for something like 50%, the fan turns on and stay on until I turn the switch off.

According to the picture, there's no neutral coming down, so my electrician put the neutral in the ground because he said the neutral is connected to the ground anyway. But we also tested bringing just the neutral from another switch just to check, but the same happened. 

The other HS220 in our dinning room works without this issue.

Do you guys have any idea about what is going on?

Thank you!

Dinning room switch:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS220 Switch turning my house vent on-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@Cristian_LM 

This phenomenon appears to be potentially caused by wiring issues rather than an inherent problem with the switch itself. Please have an electrician recheck the wiring, ensuring that the circuit at this location is correctly connected and not inadvertently linked to the house fan.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS220 Switch turning my house vent on-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@Cristian_LM 

This phenomenon appears to be potentially caused by wiring issues rather than an inherent problem with the switch itself. Please have an electrician recheck the wiring, ensuring that the circuit at this location is correctly connected and not inadvertently linked to the house fan.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 1

Related Articles