Votes

Bitrate Option

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Bitrate Option

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression. Please vote on the main thread.
Bitrate Option
Bitrate Option
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hello with respect! I want you to implement the bitrate selection option for the Tapo C520WS and C320WS range cameras because due to H264 compression and the bitrate rate being very low (a few kbs), the image quality drops drastically and artifacts appear when zooming. I have 2 Tapo C520WS cameras and one C320WS and I want to buy 4 more, but I'm waiting until this option is available, it's a must have! There are a lot of topics related to this requirement on the TP-Link community forum, so please implement this option. I have the cameras connected via internet cable to a 1GB Fiber network and I want to be able to allocate a higher bitrate by having a lot of bandwidth. Tapo products are great and I love them, but you must regulate this aspect so that this would not affect your company in a negative way. Each of us must have the option (as other manufacturers have already offered this option for many years) to be able to allocate internet bandwidth to the detriment of a quality image. My surveillance cameras are set to the maximum quality of 2k in the Tapo application. Thank you very much and I await your answer! Respectfully!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bitrate Option
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Denis55 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

You can also vote on this thread or leave your usage scenario for evaluation.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1