Solar panel no longer charging C425 camera

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

Hi,

My Tapo solar panel worked for a couple of weeks when I installed but now for the last few weeks it does not work. I've had to take the camera down and charge it via the plug. I've tried unplugging the solar panel and plugging it back in, everything looks fine. There has been sunlight and it is not blocked by anything for sunlight.

The camera is currently on 89% and just keeps dropping.

how can this be fixed?

thanks 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Solar panel no longer charging C425 camera-Solution
Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

@Jonesy31 

The wiring and product's status appear normal from the pictures. Since the camera charges properly when plugged in, the issue likely lies with the solar panel. 

We recommend contacting local TP-Link support or the retailer to proceed with the warranty.

Additionally, could you please provide the solar panel's SN number to me via private message, for the records? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Solar panel no longer charging C425 camera
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the reply, I have checked all those things. I am not using a Tapo Hub H200?

thanks! 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Jonesy31 

Can you share some pictures of where the solar panel is installed, how the wire connection looks, and the front and rear of the solar panel?

Options

@Wayne-TP Sorry I can't provide the best pictures as I need to borrow a ladder again to get up there. Might take me a week or so but hopefully these photos help! Solar panel is facing the way the sun rises. Like I said worked fine for a few weeks then just stopped.

Options

@Jonesy31 

The wiring and product's status appear normal from the pictures. Since the camera charges properly when plugged in, the issue likely lies with the solar panel. 

We recommend contacting local TP-Link support or the retailer to proceed with the warranty.

Additionally, could you please provide the solar panel's SN number to me via private message, for the records? 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP Thanks Wayne! Sure thing I will send you a message now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 143

Replies: 6

Related Articles