alexa app

alexa app

alexa app
alexa app
a week ago - last edited Tuesday
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

i connected my tapo camera to alexa.The app anly allows me to choose motion detection and alexa is not saying anything when person is detected.It talks when motion is detected as there is an option for motion detection but no person detection option.I have the latest update for alexa.Can anyone help please or is this something to do with alexa  needing to update their app to have peron detction.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:alexa app-Solution
Friday - last edited Tuesday

@Erk-108 

Is the person detection enabled in the Tapo App? Make sure person detection runs properly in Tapo app by checking its notification for person detection.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday - last edited 19 hours ago

@Erk-108 

Alexa released the Person Detection Announcement feature only in the US due to regulations in different regions. This will not be available if your Alexa account is not a US account.

You may contact Alexa to ask for recent updates or submit a feature request to them.

Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Friday - last edited Tuesday

@Erk-108 

Is the person detection enabled in the Tapo App? Make sure person detection runs properly in Tapo app by checking its notification for person detection.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:alexa app
Sunday

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne thank you for your message.

Yes both the motion and person detection is enabled on the Tapo app.I don't have the person detection option on the alexa app.Motion detection work all ok its just person detection not working as i cant switch it on alexa app.No Option for it.

Options
Tuesday - last edited 19 hours ago

@Erk-108 

Alexa released the Person Detection Announcement feature only in the US due to regulations in different regions. This will not be available if your Alexa account is not a US account.

You may contact Alexa to ask for recent updates or submit a feature request to them.

Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:alexa app
21 hours ago

@Wayne-TP  Hi Wayne

Looks like Americans get all the good things prior to us here in UK.I will do exactly what you said.

Thank you once again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 80

Replies: 4

Related Articles