Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras

Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras

2023-11-16 11:40:44 - last edited 2024-03-01 09:42:18

Update on Mar 1, 2024

This Article Applies to:

All Tapo cameras linked to Alexa

Issue Phenomenon:

It has come to our attention that some of you may encounter an issue that the Person Detection Announcement may be missing after linking the Tapo camera to Alexa, and for some cameras, you may also find it is unavailable to be configured as Alexa Routine Trigger.

Solution:

After a thorough investigation, we've determined that the issue is due to Alexa only releasing the Person Detection Announcement feature in the US due to regulations in different regions. The Person Detection Announcement feature will disappear on the Alexa app if your Alexa account is not a US account.

Currently, some Tapo cameras support the Person Detection Announcement feature only. Therefore, the error message "This device is not currently supported." appears when setting up the camera as an Alexa Routine Trigger. We are continuously improving our products to add more types of detection announcements (such as motion detection announcements) to all the cameras, it's recommended to keep an eye on the camera's firmware update notes to see if a new type of detection announcement is added to the new firmware.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras
2024-03-06 17:27:00

@Solla-topee 

Hi, about the last update on Mar 1, 2024, for example the Person Detection Announcement is already active for the Tapo C220 in Germany.

I'm not understanding, wye the feature is not active for the Tapo C225. The laws or rules here are no different.

So please activate the feature for the Tapo C225 too please.

Many thanks

Best regards

Stefan

Options
Re:Alexa Announcement and Alexa Routine Are Unavailable on the Alexa App for the Tapo Cameras
2024-03-07 07:32:12

@Stefan-_- 

Hi,
In this case, can you share a picture on your Alexa app>Tapo C220's settings page showing there is a Person Detection Announcement feature? And please send me(@Solla-topee) your Alexa account via a private message for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-07 15:14:42 - last edited 2024-03-07 15:48:47

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

many thanks for the quick response.

Maybe I was wrong and there is no person detection announcement on the Tapo C220 camera. But with the Tapo C220 I can use motion detection for an Alexa routine. With the Tapo C225 there is no option at all.

Difference in device view:

Tapo C220: Here I see an announcement option for a motion announcement:

For Tapo C225: No announcement option:

And the difference for a routine:

Tapo C220: If I click on the Tapo C220 camera as a SmartHome trigger, then motion detection is available:

Tapo C225: If I click on the Tapo C225 camera, this message comes up:

Best Regards

Options
2024-03-08 09:11:20

@Stefan-_- 

Hi,
Currently, the Tapo C225 supports the Person Detection Announcement feature only, thus you can't see the motion detection announcement on the Alexa app and can't set up the camera as an Alexa Routine Trigger when the Alexa account is not a US account.
We are continuously improving our camera to add more types of detection announcements, please wait patiently, and it's recommended to keep an eye on the camera's firmware update notes to see if a new type of detection announcement is added to the new firmware.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 504

Replies: 4

Related Articles