Tapo C425 stuck in a firmware update

2024-07-05 23:40:22 - last edited 2024-07-09 03:01:47
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: what ever it came with out of the box

Got a new Tapo C425. Nice camera! Charged the battery - Check, connected to my app, network, configured check. Added an SD card - Check.

Everything was good. Camera was functioning great.

Camera says " Hey there's a firware update available. Do you want to install??" Sure I said. That was three hours ago. I have a fast flashing green light. I cannot reset the device, I cannot power the device off. It looks to be a sealed unit so I can't even pull the battery. I'm about 30 kms from the network i attached it to thinking if it moved away from the network it might give up. No such luck.

Any idea how I can get this camera to reset so I can start over?

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Tapo C425 stuck in a firmware update-Solution
2024-07-06 00:36:04 - last edited 2024-07-09 03:01:47

IGNORE. I was able to get the camera to turn off. I had to hold the power button down for quite some time. Perhaps I was counting too fast. In the end I was able to reset the camera and start over. All is well :-)

P.S. This is a great little camera.

-Tim

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-09 03:12:05 - last edited 2024-07-09 03:12:10

Kind Remind

• Do not attempt to restart the camera or close the App in a normal firmware update. Any operation that interferes with the firmware upgrade may cause the device upgrade to fail or become bricked.
  • If the device upgrade is taking an unusually long time, over an hour for example, without any signs of progress, or if the device gets stuck in a certain state, please try to do the following: 
    • Disconnect the power to the device for some time.
    • Restart the router.
    • Move the smart device closer to the router and power it on. 
    • Wait for some time and observe if the smart device returns to its normal state. 
Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-07-06 00:36:04 - last edited 2024-07-09 03:01:47

IGNORE. I was able to get the camera to turn off. I had to hold the power button down for quite some time. Perhaps I was counting too fast. In the end I was able to reset the camera and start over. All is well :-)

P.S. This is a great little camera.

-Tim

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-09 03:12:05 - last edited 2024-07-09 03:12:10

Kind Remind

• Do not attempt to restart the camera or close the App in a normal firmware update. Any operation that interferes with the firmware upgrade may cause the device upgrade to fail or become bricked.
  • If the device upgrade is taking an unusually long time, over an hour for example, without any signs of progress, or if the device gets stuck in a certain state, please try to do the following: 
    • Disconnect the power to the device for some time.
    • Restart the router.
    • Move the smart device closer to the router and power it on. 
    • Wait for some time and observe if the smart device returns to its normal state. 
Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles