Votes

Energy Monitoring Dashboard Refresh

2024-07-10 09:23:41
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Please make the Dashboard values for RUNTIME (German: "Laufzeit") and ENERGY CONSUMPTION (German: "Energieverbrauch") refresh along with the value for CURRENT POWER (German: "Aktuelle Leistung").

Options
7 Reply
Re:Energy Monitoring Dashboard Refresh
2024-07-11 03:21:21

@Mikepie 

The dashboard data will be refreshed once re-entering device page.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-11 05:43:06

@Wayne-TP 

Oh yes, I realized that - thank you anyway for pointing that out. However, I posted into "Feature Request" and I would hope this gets considered as such.

Options
2024-07-12 08:18:04

@Mikepie 

What's the requested feature? I don't quite get it. Do you want the data auto-refreshing? Why is that?

As I understand it, most people only refer to the energy data occasionally when the need arises, rather than needing this data to be constantly refreshed.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-12 09:13:55

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, auto-refreshing in the same way the CURRENT POWER figure is updated.

Why do I want this? Initially, for troubleshooting: The device had previously gone OFFLINE, and I wanted to see when this would happen the next time by checking the displayed RUNTIME (which would presumably be frozen due to the device being OFFLINE) to at least the displayed resolution of 0.1 hours.

But I think I would like it aside from this specific troubleshooting purpose.

Btw, the device was sitting with its LED being red; it did not automatically reconnect to my WLAN although I did not change anything there. Shouldn't it?

Options
2024-07-15 06:40:43

@Mikepie 

Was there any power outage? How far is the plug from the router? It will be disconnected if the WiFi signal is too weak. Move it closer to the router and restart it.

Options
2024-07-15 08:02:45

@Wayne-TP 

No power outage. WiFi signal level is usually between -65dBm and -75dBm at the device. I did not notice any more disconnects ever since. Probably the disconnect was temperature related? It was quite warm the day the device disconnected. Could have been +40°C or slightly above at the device. But I don't know at what time that day the disconnect happened so I cannot relate the event to the temperature.

>>> Should the P110 autonomously reconnect to the WiFi? <<<

Options
2024-07-18 02:55:27

@Mikepie 

The operating temperature range for the Tapo P110 is 0-40°C. If the device is in a relatively hot environment, the excessively high temperature could be a potential cause for the device going offline. You may try to relocating the device to a different position and then re-observe the network connection status.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 7

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.