Tapo plugs suddenly intermittent with Alexa and Home assistant

Tapo plugs suddenly intermittent with Alexa and Home assistant

23 Reply
Re:Tapo plugs suddenly intermittent with Alexa and Home assistant
2024-07-19 17:29:30 - last edited 2024-07-19 17:41:04

@geofflove I also can't my get my NVidia Shield connected to WiFi even though I've deleted it from HA, I've done nothing with my router so I have no idea what's going on 🤷

Think I've sorted this one, Wed was the last day I've used the Shield, the issues with Microsoft today must mean the automatic time and date are affected as it thinks it's in Oct 22 🙄

Options
2024-07-19 18:38:16

I'm getting pretty fed up with this issue, for a number of days I've had sporadic availability on my plugs and lightbulbs, automations not working, plugs restarting for no apparent reason thus restarting my pcs and HA and who knows what else as I just spent a good amount of $$ on them in the last week : /

There needs to be an official announcement as to what is going on

Options
2024-07-19 18:40:19

@SuTzu I agree it's been driving me round the bend, was in bed last night watching TV and the Tapo plug just restarted 🙄

Options
2024-07-19 22:03:02

@geofflove The HA core update seems to have sorted  this issue.  All behaving themslves again thankfully,.

Options
2024-07-19 22:20:50

@geofflove sorry to sound dim, I'm fairly new to HA, how have you done that? I run mine in Container (docker) on my Synology NAS so do I do it from there or somewhere in HA, thanks

Options
2024-07-19 22:45:52

@KezzaRed Not sure about docker as I'm fairly new to it. On mine I get an alert within settings>Devices and integrations saying a new version of HA core is avialable and I can just click to install.

Options
2024-07-19 23:07:12

@geofflove thanks, I don't get that can only assume it's because I'm running it in Container Manager, I'll have a look tomorrow, thank you

Options
2024-07-20 13:39:16

@Kmans I have the exactly same issue. I thought my HA was playing up... Nuked the HA container, reinstalled, and I'm still getting failed authentication issue... Something has happened, and clearly not on my local network.

Options
2024-07-20 15:23:16 - last edited 2024-07-20 15:43:17

@edge69 I was getting authentication errors on some items after but I just unplugged em, deleted them from HA, let it discover them after an HA reboot and then I could authenticate ok and now working fine

Make sure HA core is 2024.7.3

Options
2024-07-21 09:27:48

I have a Tapo P115.

This week, I noticed that the Tapo app could not get a stable power draw reading. The number would show up (e.g. 100 W) and then it would disappear, with the dashes showing instead. Sometimes going offline. And today it even shut off unexpectedly, causing the shut down of the electrical devices depending on it.

I changed the settings in my router so that it would use a different wifi channel, but it did not help.

Today, following the unexpected shut down, I went for a reset. Now it seems to be ok again. When asked, I kept the settings that were previously set for the same device, in the Tapo app.

When I switch the device on/off, I can now see that it is instant. Before, when the issue was present, even just this action was slow.

In summary, I recommend going for a reset of the device. It has nothing to do with Home Assistant, Alexa, etc. At least that was my experience. I will modify the post in case the device goes back to bad.

Options