Purple Led on P115 plug and no connection
Purple Led on P115 plug and no connection
2024-07-17 22:27:03 - last edited 2024-07-30 10:33:03
Model: Tapo P115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 build 230905 Ref 152200

Hello,

I had twice times this problem with my 2 TAPO P115 :

The plug was unreachable with the fixed Purple Led light, on my two P115 at an interval of 1 or 2 hours, without any reason.

In the status of my router they seem to be connected, with the fixed IP I gave them, but in reality they are not connected... and my router say they are connected...

I didn't have a power cut, nor a restart of my router...

It's very annoying, because I really need to access these sockets from the outside, and when the LED is purple I am forced to unplug and reconnect the sockets...

Do you have any explanation ?  Or do you know this problem ?

Thank you.

TP-Link User... Camera - Plug - Switch
Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Purple Led on P115 plug and no connection-Solution
2024-07-20 17:46:27 - last edited 2024-07-30 10:33:03

@J-C.G. 

I made an update of my Home Assistant. Now, the Tapo App seems working, my Plugs stay OnLine and the Led are not Pink Purple  (i made the update 9 hours ago and everything still working, before this update the app was working maximum 2 or 3 hours...)  I don't know if it's a coincidence...

if the problem occurs from HomaAssistant Tapo integration, can you explain us how it is possible ?  I don't see why an Android App can't work because a completely different software outside of Tapo Servers has some problems or bugs ?

I hope everything will continue to work. I will wait 2 or 3 days before closing the Discussion.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 10:05:56 - last edited 2024-07-31 13:05:43

@J-C.G. 

Tapo does not support Home Assistant and has not provided any APIs to the public. There is no guarantee of validity or stability with respect to the use of the products on non-authorized third-party platforms.

Recently, some Tapo plug users have had stability issues with their devices that are also managed using Home Assistant. And their recent updates suggest the issue has been automatically rectified (or fixed after updating Home Assistant). There is a reason to believe this unanticipated issue is somehow related to Home Assistant. Tapo plugs suddenly intermittent with Alexa and Home assistant

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Purple Led on P115 plug and no connection
2024-07-19 06:43:16

@J-C.G. 

Check the suggestion here if your Tapo device cannot be controlled remotely with Tapo App. Cannot use the Tapo/Kasa app to control my smart devices

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Purple Led on P115 plug and no connection
2024-07-19 08:38:51

@Wayne-TP 

Hello. Thanks for your answer.

I tried everything, and i can,t change DNS on my router with my ADSL provider...

From outside, i can,t control my plugs with the app.

The led is pink, purple, not red.

From outside, i can control on off with homeassistant, it means my plug are connected to wifi inside my home.

The problem is on your side. I read some posts saying app problems these days...

Thanks.

Options
2024-07-20 17:46:27 - last edited 2024-07-30 10:33:03

@J-C.G. 

I made an update of my Home Assistant. Now, the Tapo App seems working, my Plugs stay OnLine and the Led are not Pink Purple  (i made the update 9 hours ago and everything still working, before this update the app was working maximum 2 or 3 hours...)  I don't know if it's a coincidence...

if the problem occurs from HomaAssistant Tapo integration, can you explain us how it is possible ?  I don't see why an Android App can't work because a completely different software outside of Tapo Servers has some problems or bugs ?

I hope everything will continue to work. I will wait 2 or 3 days before closing the Discussion.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 10:05:56 - last edited 2024-07-31 13:05:43

@J-C.G. 

Tapo does not support Home Assistant and has not provided any APIs to the public. There is no guarantee of validity or stability with respect to the use of the products on non-authorized third-party platforms.

Recently, some Tapo plug users have had stability issues with their devices that are also managed using Home Assistant. And their recent updates suggest the issue has been automatically rectified (or fixed after updating Home Assistant). There is a reason to believe this unanticipated issue is somehow related to Home Assistant. Tapo plugs suddenly intermittent with Alexa and Home assistant

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 4

Related Articles