Robot vacuum cleaner and mirror problems

2024-07-18 16:42:31 - last edited 2024-07-24 01:30:56
Tags: #Map
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I have a question! Everything is perfect with the vacuum cleaner, but when it meets a mirror, the lidar sensor goes crazy and draws rooms on the map that aren't even there! This makes the cleaning process very difficult! Please feel free to ask me if they can fix it and if you need more information (I'm not sure about the hardware number).        Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Robot vacuum cleaner and mirror problems-Solution
2024-07-22 08:15:22 - last edited 2024-07-24 01:30:56

@Zenoxi 

Mirrors are reflective. It will reflect the robot vacuum's LiDAR scanning, causing the vacuum to "think" there is still open space in front of it.

To prevent the robot vacuum from creating non-existent areas on the map due to mirror reflections, here are two suggestions.
1. Adjust the height of the mirrors so they are positioned higher than the robot vacuum.
2. Attach something on the bottom portion of the mirrors that can block or absorb the mirror's reflections.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Robot vacuum cleaner and mirror problems-Solution
2024-07-22 08:15:22 - last edited 2024-07-24 01:30:56

@Zenoxi 

Mirrors are reflective. It will reflect the robot vacuum's LiDAR scanning, causing the vacuum to "think" there is still open space in front of it.

To prevent the robot vacuum from creating non-existent areas on the map due to mirror reflections, here are two suggestions.
1. Adjust the height of the mirrors so they are positioned higher than the robot vacuum.
2. Attach something on the bottom portion of the mirrors that can block or absorb the mirror's reflections.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Robot vacuum cleaner and mirror problems
2024-07-22 13:04:18

@Wayne-TP  Thank you for your answer! I really like that they are so helpful at Tapo! I'm sure I'll only buy products from Tapo smart home..

Options
Re:Robot vacuum cleaner and mirror problems
2024-07-24 01:31:38

@Zenoxi  Thank you for your support! smiley

Options