Cannot connect to P110 x 2

2024-07-20 13:17:09
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two P110 devices which were very intermittent when working which I put down to a low Wi-Fi signal. I have now moved them both into a very strong Wi-Fi environment [same room as router] and removed them from the list and tried to re-add them one at a time.

I am using an Android phone and re-downloaded the Tapo app.  I keep trying to add each one individually but the app insists on using dreadful Bluetooth to connect and not the Wi-Fi from the device itself. 

I have tried all the suggestions that come up in the Tapo app several times with each device individually but no success.

ie Already orange and green  - yes

device powered on - obviously

Bluetooth off and on - many times

move phone closer - 1"

reset - many times

Why can I not connect to the devices Wi-Fi service - I can see the server in the list of available Wi-Fi connections?

So what to do - return for a refund and seek a different brand?  Make my own using an ESP32/8266?

I would far rather just push the button and get these working.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to P110 x 2
2024-07-23 03:09:12

@EnTee 

Make sure to choose the correct device model in the App to start the configuration.

What's the error message you received? Please share a screenshot here. 

Please check the hardware and region version of your P110s, e.g. Tapo P110 (EU) 1.0.

More suggestions: What should I do if I fail to configure the Tapo Smart Plug?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 143

Replies: 1

Related Articles