Tapo doorbell

Tapo doorbell

Tapo doorbell
Tapo doorbell
2024-08-06 08:50:46 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, my doorbell is installed quite far from the house (100m) and to avoid signal loss I installed one more tp-link av600 and paired it to the existing ones. The signal on any device is excellent and in the app it shows excellent too however I only get the occasional still picture or no video at all. Any help before I return the product? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo doorbell -Solution
2024-08-07 10:08:10 - last edited a week ago

@Miguel76 

Tapo D230 is a TP-Link SubGHz device, it is connected to the Tapo H200 hub through a different wireless frequency instead of the standard 2.4GHz WiFi. 

Did you relocate the Tapo H200? 

In your case, two operations are required.

1. Shorten the distance between the doorbell and the H200 hub. How to improve the connection stability of my Hub and its sub-devices

2. Increase the 2.4GHz WiFi signal strength at the location of the H200 hub. Or choose to use an ethernet connection. 

However, if the network source is actually 100m away, which is a very long distance, and in between only using powerline devices to expand the signal, I'm skeptical about the signal and quality of the network in the extension area.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo doorbell -Solution
2024-08-07 10:08:10 - last edited a week ago

@Miguel76 

Tapo D230 is a TP-Link SubGHz device, it is connected to the Tapo H200 hub through a different wireless frequency instead of the standard 2.4GHz WiFi. 

Did you relocate the Tapo H200? 

In your case, two operations are required.

1. Shorten the distance between the doorbell and the H200 hub. How to improve the connection stability of my Hub and its sub-devices

2. Increase the 2.4GHz WiFi signal strength at the location of the H200 hub. Or choose to use an ethernet connection. 

However, if the network source is actually 100m away, which is a very long distance, and in between only using powerline devices to expand the signal, I'm skeptical about the signal and quality of the network in the extension area.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 1

Related Articles