Tapo Doorbell is not recording video after firmware update

2024-08-10 14:24:49 - last edited 2024-08-21 03:42:42
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16 Build 20240617 rel.65780

This is the current recoding timeline.This is the image of the timeline where the doorbell has stopped recording.My Doorbell has stopped automatic recording After the firmware update

I have tried to connect the Customer Service but after 2 months no answer 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Doorbell is not recording video after firmware update -Solution
2024-08-13 09:34:48 - last edited 2024-08-21 03:42:42

@TapoD230 

• Check the status of the MicroSD card. Try to reboot the hub. You can also format the SD card. 

Note: Format SD card will erase all the recorded videos. 

• Check the doorbell's Wake-up Settings, which option is your doorbell set to? The type of SD card recording is consistent with the set wake-up type. 
    • Event Detected: Doorbell wakes up and starts recording when detecting movement.
    • Doorbell Pressed: Doorbell wakes up and starts recording when the doorbell is pressed.

More suggestions on What should I do if I experience issues when watching playback videos from an SD card?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Tapo Doorbell is not recording video after firmware update
2024-08-12 10:21:28

@TapoD230 

Check the suggestions here, Situation 1: No recordingWhat should I do if I experience issues when watching playback videos from an SD card?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-08-12 10:33:34

@Wayne-TP 

Sorry, but the stops written there are not the solution to the problem for me. There is still no recording. I have followed the steps but the problem is still there.

Options
Re:Tapo Doorbell is not recording video after firmware update -Solution
2024-08-13 09:34:48 - last edited 2024-08-21 03:42:42

@TapoD230 

• Check the status of the MicroSD card. Try to reboot the hub. You can also format the SD card. 

Note: Format SD card will erase all the recorded videos. 

• Check the doorbell's Wake-up Settings, which option is your doorbell set to? The type of SD card recording is consistent with the set wake-up type. 
    • Event Detected: Doorbell wakes up and starts recording when detecting movement.
    • Doorbell Pressed: Doorbell wakes up and starts recording when the doorbell is pressed.

More suggestions on What should I do if I experience issues when watching playback videos from an SD card?

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-18 13:14:31 - last edited 2024-08-18 13:40:28

@TapoD230 I had a similar problem after the firmware update.

Just got around to investigating.

I found I had to redefine a Detection Zone, in the Doorbell Detection settings. 

Don't remember setting it for the old firmware, seems the old version MIGHT have assumed the whole view as the active zone whereas the new version assumes no zone unless you actually define one!!

Strange thing is it was still giving event detection notifications, it just wasn't recording anything!

Options
2024-08-19 09:21:33

@MisterW 

Do you also own a Tapo D230? The detection should have been set properly if you can receive the detection notifications.

In addition to the detection zones, have you changed other settings?

Options
2024-08-19 10:01:40

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, I do have a D230S1.

Everything was working fine prior to the firmware update ( on both the D230S1 and the H200 Hub ).

I have the D230 set up for person and motion detection and local storage via an SD Card in the H200.

Prior to the update I was getting detection notifications to the Tapo app and, during the schedule period set for recording, I was getting recordings saved to the SD card.

I normally have the recording schedule set to only record outside of 07:00 to 21:00 and we don't get many callers during the night!.

So it wasn't until we were away from home for a few days, and changed the schedule to record at all times, that I noticed it wasn't recording any more!

I was still getting detection notifications in the app but no recordings!

I finally got around to looking into it yesterday. I rechecked all the settings mentioned in the link but all were correct. I tried a H200 reset and a format sd card to no avail.

I then noticed that the detection zone was not defined i.e it was presumably the default, so I defined a zone and bingo, now I get recordings!

Options
2024-08-21 03:41:35

@MisterW 

Thank you for the additional information , your case situation is indeed unique, as I mentioned earlier, if you can receive the detection notification, it means that the detection area is set up properly, otherwise it should be a case of no detection at all (neither notification nor video recording).

We haven't encountered any feedback with the same situation so far, we will record and keep an eye on it.

Options
2024-08-21 06:27:23

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the reply.

As I said , I dont recall setting a specific detection area when I initially setup the D230 some months ago. That, I assume, would mean that the detection area was the whole of the camera viewport. It seems that the firmware update changed something in this functionality such that a specific detection area had to now be defined.

As to ' We haven't encountered any feedback with the same situation so far ', hopefully the original poster will provide further feedback.

Options
a week ago
facing the same problem after my initial day (presumably due to a firmware update) receiving detection notification but no recordings.
Options
a week ago

@EY8888 

Did you try setting the detection zone ? Mine has been recording fine since I did that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 11

Related Articles