C510W Detection types

C510W Detection types

C510W Detection types
C510W Detection types
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Will the C510W be getting other detection modes? It currently has Motion, Person and Camera Tampering. Is it possible that it will get Pet, Vehicle, Line-Crossing, Dog Barks, etc with a firmware update?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C510W Detection types-Solution

@Akore 

I'd say the likelihood of this is very low, and if this was a feature request, I think I'd mark it as a “Declined” request.

The capabilities of different product models are generally pre-determined and designed upfront, especially when it comes to core functionalities like detection. The hardware limitations of these devices simply don't allow for significantly more complex features to be added later through software updates.

If you require more complex and advanced detection capabilities, I would suggest considering purchasing other models that already support this functionality.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:C510W Detection types
3 weeks ago

@Akore 

This is unlikely to be supported by a firmware upgrade. The detection is a relatively complex feature, requiring support not just at the software level, but also within the underlying hardware.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:C510W Detection types
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP So unlikely but not a definate no? How can we find out if the hardware is capable?

Options
Re:C510W Detection types-Solution

@Akore 

I'd say the likelihood of this is very low, and if this was a feature request, I think I'd mark it as a “Declined” request.

The capabilities of different product models are generally pre-determined and designed upfront, especially when it comes to core functionalities like detection. The hardware limitations of these devices simply don't allow for significantly more complex features to be added later through software updates.

If you require more complex and advanced detection capabilities, I would suggest considering purchasing other models that already support this functionality.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 3

Related Articles