TAPO C320WS - POE
TAPO C320WS - POE
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Installation #c320ws
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

New user here and first time installing any kind of cameras etc. 

I am facing installation problem with only ethernet cable, I purchased 7x TAPO C320WS under the impression that they could work with POE but looks like I will need to follow a POE SPLITTER solution.

could anyone please advise a bit more? or maybe some photos or amzon/aliexprs link for that splitter?

problem is that there are so many spliters in the market and I dont know which one is the correct or could work with these cameras.

I have a POE switch with 8 ports and 7 cameras.

should the splitter be active or passive in my case since I have POE switch with total 120W support?

in the market I find 12V and 5V splitters but cameras are 9V 0.6A.

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TAPO C320WS - POE -Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@CHRISTOSK 

Use an active POE splitter that can fix the output voltage as needed, to avoid the risk of device damage from voltage overload. Such as the TP-Link POE10R (TL-POE10R), it has a adjustable 5VDC,9VDC or 12VDC output with slide switch.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TAPO C320WS - POE
a week ago

@CHRISTOSK Check out a TP-Link TL-poe10r splitter or search Amazon for 9volt poe splitter. Still need an injector for main power to the lines.

Options
Re:TAPO C320WS - POE -Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@CHRISTOSK 

Use an active POE splitter that can fix the output voltage as needed, to avoid the risk of device damage from voltage overload. Such as the TP-Link POE10R (TL-POE10R), it has a adjustable 5VDC,9VDC or 12VDC output with slide switch.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles