Votes

'Away' mode on Tapo doorbell - Play a pre-recorded message when doorbell is pressed and mode is ON

Votes

'Away' mode on Tapo doorbell - Play a pre-recorded message when doorbell is pressed and mode is ON

Thursday
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I would like to request a feature enhancement for the Tapo doorbell that would be highly useful for many users. The idea is to introduce an ‘Away’ mode, where the doorbell can play a pre-recorded message when pressed and the mode is activated.

The message can be chosen from the existing 'Quick Response' and should get triggered when the 'Away' mode is active and the Doorbell is pressed. 

This would be incredibly beneficial for scenarios where users are away from home but still want to acknowledge visitors without leaving the door unanswered. It could add a layer of convenience and security, as visitors would be aware that the occupants are not available at the moment, and the home is secured with a CCTV camera.

I hope this feature can be considered for future updates. It would certainly enhance the functionality of the Tapo doorbell and provide more value to users.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to any updates on this request!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 31

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.