Very Important, Can anyone help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-14 14:38:58
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 4.0.0 Build 120207 Rel.10587

ISP :

Hello there, I'm facing a security problem. My TP-LINK TD-W8951ND is being attacked by DDos attacks and ARP poisioning. I don't know what to do!
this is a log from my ESET smart security 8.

I am using a program called "who is on my wifi" and it keeps telling me that there are many unknown devices connected (including routers and devices not available in my house), but when I open my router page :confused: I see nothing unknown!!!
any help?!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Very Important, Can anyone help?
2015-05-14 18:10:30
Is 192.168.1.60 your own IP? I am not familiar with this ESET antiviral.

But I think there is some modifications you should do on your TD-W8951ND. But I think one of your LAN computer has been infected by virus.

1. Reset your router, then re-configure it. You should note down your account for internet connection(PPPoE) before reset, if you don't know what it is, skip this step.
2. Change the Wi-Fi to another SSID. Select WPA2-PSK for security type and set a new password. This step can block any unwanted visitors who are loitering in your network through Wi-Fi.
3. Follow http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-308.html to disable remote management.
4. Go to "Maintenance - Administration" to change the default login password for account admin.
5. Do a full antivirus examination on your LAN computers.
6. Check Whether there is any IP conflicts among your LAN computers. Make sure they are all using DHCP(automatically obtaining IP address)
Options
Re:Very Important, Can anyone help?
2015-05-16 20:18:14
thanks man,
I already did all of those steps but still getting notifications about weird devices connected :/ (Apple product, Asus and Lenovo PCs , .... ) and I have none of them in my house.
I'm using wpa2-psk with a password of 30 letters,numbers, and symbols length.
I disabled the DHCP and assigned a static IP for the router MAC to prevent ARP poisioning but since I did that, I coudn't use wifi on mobile?! just laptops. any help?
thanks in advance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Related Articles