Camera continually goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-18 02:19:01
Region : Ireland

Model : NC200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I've just got the NC200, but I'm finding that frequently when I try to access it, I get the message that the camera has gone offline.

Turning the router off, then on again, resolves the situation, but obviously I can't do this when I'm away from home.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the camera going offline so often?

Thanks.
Options
74 Reply
Re:Camera continually goes offline
2015-06-18 10:16:20
Thanks for the feedback.

Our support engineer will follow this case with you through email.
Options
2015-10-22 17:37:56
Hi i have exactly the same problem, after a couple of hours the camera goes offline, already reset the camera, and the problem persist.

Thanks

tplink wrote

Thanks for the feedback.

Our support engineer will follow this case with you through email.
Options
2015-10-23 16:15:52
Did you read the article here?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-911.html
Options
2015-12-10 20:47:26
Hello.

After the automated firmware upgrade, the camera has problems, disconnecting randomly after a day. I need to pool out the power and put it back, then it's working again.

I can't be at home to reset everytime the camera, it's useless this way.

Everyhing was fine until last update.
Options
2015-12-11 00:08:24
Hello.

I bought the tplink camera nc200 a few months ago and everything worked properly.
I could always connect through my cloud without any problem.

After the automated firmware upgrade, the camera has problems, disconnecting randomly after a day. I need to pool out the power and put it back, then it's working again.

I can't be at home to reset everytime the camera, it's useless this way.

Everyhing was fine until last update.

Please post the message !!!!!!!!
Options
Same problem
2015-12-11 15:55:52
Every other day my cam goes offline - I have to connect it to the router everytime, to reinstall the connection.'
This is realy annoying.
Options
Same problem here since NEW UPDATE: PLEASE FIX NOW
2015-12-12 19:15:40

Betina wrote

Every other day my cam goes offline - I have to connect it to the router everytime, to reinstall the connection.'
This is realy annoying.

Same problem here. Ever since the new firmware "update" the cameras have started to act crazy. They go offline randomly and sometimes come back SPONTANEOUSLY and on other times will stay offline UNTIL I power them off then on. This is insane and crazy. Initially I thought my camera was bad but ALL THREE CAMERAS in my house are offline right now (together). This has to be a firmware problem which needs to be rectified NOW. Otherwise these cameras are just a waste.
Options
2015-12-12 19:23:56
By the way the problem is with BOTH the iOS app (latest version) and the tplinkcloud.com website

Betina wrote

This is realy annoying.
Options
2015-12-13 07:28:12
Same problem here with my 2 cams
Its the Cam(NC200) in some way...
Thought it was signal strength to start with, put one up 3 feet from my router. still disconnects
and thought it was something with lease time(router ip adress), but no !
maybee a bad power supply ? or a "bad" wifi chip used ? could be something in the firmware ?
havent heard people using cable having this problem !
Options
Has to be firmware
2015-12-13 17:44:44
The problem HAS to be the firmware. Why? Because
1. The problem started after the new firmware upgrade
2. It's happening with multiple cameras at the same time. All three of my cameras are brand new bought within a month. So it can't be the camera's wifi chip
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 12069

Replies: 74

Related Articles