Camera continually goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Camera continually goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
Re:Camera continually goes offline
2015-12-24 15:32:17
I'm in the UK.

This is the NC200 alpha firmware I was sent 2 days ago.

My 3 NC200's have been online since.

I dont have an updated FW for the NC220 yet and thats gone offline once since.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7fGLoggIzlXNGpyMjhyTElqN00/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully that link will work for everyone

Merry Christmas

*EDIT*

Someone has posted the BETA here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?84566-Some-of-NC200s-go-offline-after-being-updated-with-the-latest-firmware
Options
same problem
2015-12-27 18:51:27
I have bought 6 cameras. 5 nc 200 one nc220 and after the final firmware all cameras constantlly disconnect. This is upsetting. I m happy to send them all back to you n you send me my money back. Enough is enough
Options
2015-12-31 05:24:54
thanks lukedearden
Options
2015-12-31 23:42:14
About the new firmware....
Have any of you noticed that, when theres is movement, frames freezes ?
This happens when i view the streem in a browser window, Explorer or Firefox
thats a new problem i have noticed !!!
Okay i get still's ;) hehe
Options
2016-01-29 06:49:30
NC-200 Keeps Dropping Off Line

I purchased two NC-200s about three months ago and while setting up/testing did not have any problems with them dropping off line. The problems seemed to start when I moved them to their intended location, both units became very unreliable. Firmware updates did not seem to resolve, neither did using wireless or Ethernet connection.
The difference being, while testing the power lead was coiled up, when in situ the power lead was uncoiled and extended using the TP-Link supplied extension. I had a couple of clip on ferrite cores to hand and positioned one on each cable looping the cable through three times about 8 inches from the camera end.
Since doing this I have not had any problem with the cams locking up or dropping off line. They have worked reliably for about three weeks now.

Hope this helps.
Options
Tp-link nc220 going offline regularly
2016-04-14 16:57:17
I have been having a similar problem. I purchased and installed 2 NC220's. At first they worked fine, but after the Frameware was upgraded to Version 1.1.12 Build 160321 Rel 27531 a few days ago, both cameras went offline after a few hours. After I reboot them after connecting them directly to the router and then place them a few metres away in the same room using Wifi, they work OK for a few hours and then go offline. The only way to get them going again is to connect them directly to the router and after they restart, move them to where they should be. But after a few hours they go offline again.
This is very frustrating as it defeats the whole purpose of me having them installed in my house, which is to monitor activities when I am away from home.
Could TP-Line please help with this problem?
Options
2016-05-18 10:09:12
Hi, I also faced the same problem with the 2 TP-Link NC220 IP cameras I installed in my home. They continually kept going offline. After resetting and restarting, they would work for a few hours and go offline again. Unfortunately TP-Link support were unable to provide me with any solution apart from asking me various questions, but all to no avail. I finally fixed the problem on my own. Here's what I did.
(1) In Advanced Setting, disable the Wireless Extender.
(2) Also in Advanced Network Setting, disable Bonjour.
(3) As an added protection, please ensure that the power cable from the camera to the power outlet is not loosely hanging. Please tape the power cable firmly to the wall or area where the camera is installed.
I did the above 3 things and I do not face the "Offline" problem anymore.
Please try and let me know if it worked for you, too.
Options
2016-05-19 17:16:57
Hi All, for this problem, we have release the new firmware to solve it. Please go to www.tp-link.com to download the latest firmware.
Besides, because we update our cloud server authentication certificate, please confirm your camera's system time belongs to 2016.4.12~2019.7.13.

Options
2016-06-12 20:45:27
I have all the time same problem
Options
2016-06-13 20:17:14

steliak wrote

I have all the time same problem

the solution is just above
Options
Related Articles