Tapo C200 gets improper time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 11:17:44 - last edited 2021-07-08 13:29:09
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

For some reason my Tapo C200 showing incorrect time (instead of showing f.e. 12.45 it shows 13.45). When I changed time zone, and back to previous for some time all worked well, but after something about an hour cammera time gous bump up again

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 gets improper time
2021-06-21 11:55:46

@musialny.dev Hello, 

Here are some suggestions whenTapo camera does not get correct time: 

• On Tapo app,  click on ' wheel' icon on the right top of  Live view page --Camera Settings- Time zone, make camera is on the correct time zone
  • Turn off NVR or third party software and Reboot camera in case Onvif software affects the time 
  • Turn off Modem/ Router Firewall settings during test
  • Change Router‘s  (WAN) DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 

Note : Tapo Camera requires Internet to synchronize time from NTP servers, if  tapo only works in local network,  please allow Tapo device to access Internet (Green Led) and see if it could get correct time.

If still the same issue, may I know do you use any third party software or NVR?  Which region or area are you located in and what is the time zone ? 

Please help collect the log of camera and share with us, thank you.

How to get the logs:

1) Insert an SD card into the camera.

2) On the APP, please go to Camera Settings -> Advanced Settings -> enable Diagnose. The log file will be stored on the SD card.

3) Let the camera run for some time, wait for the recurrence of the problem.

4) Please plug the SD card into the computer's SD card slot or an SD card adapter. Please send the log on the SD card to us.(The name of the file is diagnose_log)

Options
2021-06-21 15:22:46 - last edited 2021-07-08 13:29:09

@Solla-topee 

I figure out that's TP-Link NVR (8 Channel VIGI NVR) causes this bug. Incorrect time shows only on UTC+1 time zone, on others is showing correct (depends on each one)

Options
2021-06-24 06:52:17

@musialny.dev  Hello, 

It is possible that your VIGI NVR is still on the Daylight saving time? You could try a different time zone and also update the firmware for NVR.

If still the same issue, may I know the model of your VIGI camera and also its firmware, which time zone you have select on Tapo and NVR, thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 703

Replies: 3

Related Articles