Live Stream stops after 5 Minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-06 12:29:05 - last edited 2021-08-06 12:32:45
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

old Problem still not solved.

i tried alle the solutions in the FAQ and read all the Posts an Answers in this Forum.

I habe a ubiquiti unifi Network with 7 Acces Points. it looks like the TAPO App detects different networks.

When will there be a solution to disable the 2 / 5 / 10 minute limitations for live streams in different networks?

Patrick

Options
3 Reply
Re:Live Stream stops after 5 Minutes
2021-08-09 01:57:57 - last edited 2021-08-09 02:01:45

@pahu Hello, 

May I know your phone is connected to Local Wi-Fi or use mobile data when Live stream stops after 5 mins?

Does your AP have a VLAN or isolated network, may I know the detailed network topology?  

To view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously, all the mobile devices are watching live view need to be in the local network (mobile devices are connected to house Wi-Fi)  If the phone is watching live view remotely, ' Continue the viewing'  message will prompt after 2 min /5mins to avoid camera drains the data. 

Here is a related FAQ: Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2720/

Note for IOS 14 device:  allow Local Network permission for Tapo app so Tapo app could recognize it as a local device when mobile device is connected to wifi.

Options
2021-08-09 04:17:48

@Solla-topee 

Yes, that i know. It is a big house, there ist a Wlan with ubiquiti AP. So all the Devices are in the same Network.

I read all the Posts and FAQ about this matter.

Just let me know, if it is planed to release a new Version of the App with the possibility to switch off the supervision of data usage...

Patrick

Options
2021-08-10 10:22:42

@pahu  Hello, 

Currently I do not see a plan for continuous reviewing remotely, we would record your suggestion first for further evaluation. Thanks for your advice. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 3

Related Articles